|Job Type:||Full Time|
MTC Technical Architect – Modern Workplace + Security
As Technical Architect in the Microsoft Technology Centre, you will be working at the forefront of Microsoft innovation to bring the most creative experiences to our customers. You will be an integral part of their transformation journey, challenging their ways of thinking and help them realise and adopt the benefits of our Cloud.
You’ll have access to the latest software and hardware, and you’ll be given the time and budget to develop as a globally influential technical leader.
About the MTC
Our network of global Microsoft Technology Centres (MTC) are premium customer-facing facilities built to help enterprise and strategic customers solve their business challenges through innovative cross workload solutions. We accelerate our customers’ digital transformation through building long-term customer relationships - capitalising on the changing needs of our customers and the new business opportunities of tomorrow.
What you’ll do
- Based at Microsoft HQ in Reading, you’ll facilitate and drive discovery sessions with our enterprise customers to build a clear view of their goals and challenges.
- You will work collaboratively with account teams to determine the best engagement/course of action for a given opportunity to maximize customer benefit and accelerate deals success. These include strategy briefings, architecture design sessions, building of rapid prototypes, workshops and hackathons.
- You’ll use your knowledge of the Microsoft 365 platform and our wider technology stack to show customers an inspiring cross solution, digital vision.
- You’ll map the agreed customer vision into a strategy for implementation, resolving concerns, removing technical blockers, and validating a strong business case for investment.
- You’ll work with the customer, wider account team resources and our partners to orchestrate a roadmap for implementation.
- Guide business and technical decision makers on creating business value on top of the M365 platform through Architect Design Sessions, Ideation, Workshops, and Rapid Prototyping. Synthesize business and technical architecture requirements.
- Serve as the as the go-to technical expert in the M365 space for the regional sales force.
- The opportunity to deliver speaking engagements evangelizing Microsoft 365 in business conferences.
- You’ll join a team diverse in thought, age, gender and culture who adapt our methodologies and content to deliver engagements to their own authentic style and personality.
What you bring?
- Proven skills in consulting – active listening, presentation and storytelling.
- Experience engaging with senior executives, specifically taking a challenger mindset to respectfully disrupt legacy organisational thinking when necessary.
- A self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities, manages multiple simultaneous projects, and deals well with ambiguity and change.
- Have the ability and passion to maintain technical excellence with emerging technologies
- An ability to simplify and translate technology into clear business value.
- Experience as a solutions architect or equivalent in the area of Microsoft’s modern workplace toolset. This encompasses Office 365, Windows, and our device and identity management tools.
- Proven experience in helping organisations plan and move to Microsoft 365 – including requirements capture, planning, implementation and migration for all key workloads.
- Proven experience in successful adoption planning and implementation.
- An understanding of the broader Microsoft Cloud technology stack and how it complements the modern workplace components.
- Deep technical competence in our two growth areas of Microsoft Teams Voice and Security would be advantageous.
- Design of modern workplace architectures that are aligned to regulatory and governance models.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.