|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an Information Manager, you'll have the control, support and responsibility for implementing, managing and improving the way Mott MacDonald deliver various engineering and infrastructure projects through making best use of our technology to improve the way we both manage and deliver information. This may vary from major design and build commissions to a portfolio of smaller design projects. You'll assess the current status of information management; the skills of the people working on these projects and influence improved ways of working across the division.
Working at a project level, you will shape digital project delivery using internal and emerging tools to influence continuous improvements. You will also have regular contact with our project Clients as you seek to develop improved solutions to their challenges. You will work alongside the project management teams providing insights from project information and supporting the ongoing strategic development of project delivery.
As skills across the division develop, you will support the configuration of various project information management systems and ensure continuous improvement of information management processes and procedures to ensure they remain relevant and effective throughout the project lifecycle.
You will also support the development and delivery of our internal Metros & Civils divisional Information Management strategy aiming to ensure consistent working practices. You will identify opportunities to develop new solutions and build teams to investigate, test and implement these solutions both on a project level and across the division. You will also support the senior management team in delivering presentations and proposals to Clients pursuant to digital delivery service workstreams.
As part of this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Create training material to capture best practice
- Specify system architecture for database builds for Mott MacDonald's internal coding team
- Guide the Information Management team, helping others develop and reach their potential
- Grow your professional network locally and globally through engaging and building relationships with our client and be a leading light within Metros & Civils
- Learn from others on a wide variety of local and international projects
- Deliver better solutions directly to Clients and experience positive change to achieve personal and customer satisfaction.
Does this sound like you?
You will have previous involvement in delivering infrastructure projects having worked within the infrastructure or built-environment industry and ideally you have experience implementing the information management function on projects. You're knowledgeable in how infrastructure projects are delivered and understand BIM and Information Management (IM) processes. You enjoy pro-actively influencing change and strive to deliver greater value and more efficiency to clients. With an analytical mindset, you are comfortable suggesting new ways of working within a flexible and evolving environment and are able to develop methods to quantifiably measure improvements because of information management embedment. Additionally, you're an open-minded and cooperative team-player with the ability and proven experience in guiding and managing other team members to reach their potential.
You will be also able to demonstrate the following:
- A Degree or Master's (or equivalent) in Engineering, Information Technology or Analytical Science (e.g. Maths, Physics, Data Science) and ideally Chartered with a relevant professional institution
- Ability to elicit information requirements, develop processes and work directly with clients
- Technical knowledge of a range of software platforms, databases and tools
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build a strong network across multiple teams and improve knowledge sharing
A little about us
We are looking for new team members to join our enthusiastic and growing Information Management team. You will be part of our Information Management network responsible for implementing the latest digital design delivery methods and improved ways of working within our Metros & Civils division. Our team strives to keep up with the latest technology for digital delivery and are already working with key Clients such as HS2, Crossrail, Thames Tideway, Heathrow, National Grid and Network Rail, focusing on delivering innovative digital project delivery solutions to address our Client's needs. We have a track record in providing exemplary information management solutions, which have won numerous global awards. This position will be based in our Croydon office with opportunities to be based at various client sites in and around London or Birmingham.
How to apply
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application and read the full job description and candidate specification.
We offer a competitive benefits package including our flexible benefits scheme covering additional holidays, pension, healthcare, life assurance, cycle to work, season ticket loan and much more. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.