|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameRoute Services
About Network Rail
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about phenomenal service, and we ask ourselves: "what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do?" With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here.
This is a part time, role working 13 hours per week.
This role sits in Route Services, a business area that has been created to supply services to the routes in the safest, most cost-efficient and effective way, enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Route Services IT delivers smart technology for the railway of today - designing fit-for-purpose and innovative solutions across the business. We manage the day to day running of our vast IT estate, from safety critical systems maintenance to hardware provision, and provide support to thousands of employees every day.
An exciting opportunity to join Network Rail as an IT Service Desk Analyst on a part time basis, providing 1st level Service Desk support to users of Network Rails' IT systems, acting as a single point of contact for the logging of incidents and requests, making sure that knowledge and first contact resolutions are applied in order to minimise service disruption. You'll strive to deliver a high level of fix at first contact.
About the role (External)
- Follow all agreed processes and procedures, responding to requests for assistance by providing information to enable callers to understand solutions to reported problems.
- Action customer requests in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs), when requested to by the management team.
- Capturing call/incident details accurately via the service management tool
- Adhere to escalation procedures, promptly allocating unresolved calls as appropriate.
- Recognise and advance call/incident trends to Senior Analyst / Team Leader to enable timely investigation by Incident Management..
- Proactively highlight gaps in processes, knowledge and tools to Senior Analyst / Team Leader.
- Provide high levels of customer service in a consistent friendly, helpful and efficient service.
- Maintain high level of personal productivity to support individual/team performance objectives, and the achievement of Service Operations SLAs.
- Promote quality and consistency of service and taking appropriate actions to deliver performance levels in relation to all agreed goals/targets.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Meet the following criteria? Apply today to join our team!
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to concentrate on complex customer problems for significant periods of time
- Previous experience of working in a Service Desk environment
- Aptitude for logical problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a talent for attention to detail
- Strong customer focus with the ability to build rapport and engender customer confidence
- Clear speaking voice with the ability to give complex technical instructions in unambiguous, simple language
- Excellent listening and questioning skills so that a customer's problem is fully understood
- Good sense of personal responsibility and achievement with awareness of how personal performance influences service level attainment
- Excellent team worker with the self awareness and control to understand how own actions can influence team spirit
- Excellent keyboard and accuracy skills
- Experience in providing IT support in a corporate environment
- Awareness of Service Management disciplines (e.g. configuration, change, problem, operations, capacity, availability, performance etc.)
- ITIL Foundation
- Previous use/awareness of Active Directory
- ITIL Foundation
How to apply (External)
Salary: £19,000 pro-rata
This is a part time vacancy - 13 hours per week.
Closing date: 28th May 2020, Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail.Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information