|Job Type:||Full Time|
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Markets Income & Taxation Operations Group, part of Global Asset Servicing Utility, provides centralised asset servicing solutions for the Institutional and Prime Brokerage across the Equity and Fixed Income business lines.
The department is responsible for the collection and payment of all global income across all securities types held by the firm and its Prime brokerage clients. The role offers staff the opportunity to work within both Equity and Fixed income business lines and build up comprehensive product knowledge. We liaise closely with a large number of other groups across the firm, including trading desks, middle office and finance teams. This interaction enables employees to gain an insight into other operations and obtain a high level knowledge of the diverse range of the J.P. Morgan products.
American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are securities issued by an American bank that represent ownership of non-US securities. The ADR facility allows foreign companies to raise capital by having their securities trade in the US market, while providing US investors the ability to purchase foreign stocks with the convenience of settling the transaction in US dollars and in accordance with US settlement practices. The newly developed Bournemouth ADR Operations team, working in conjunction with our offices around the globe and our transfer agent Equiniti, provides all ADR services; including ADR Issuances and Cancellations, Cross Book, Dividends, Corporate Announcements, Client Service, and Accounting. ADR Operations maintains a network of approximately 50 custodians in 37 countries to facilitate the foreign settlement of ADR conversions.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for performing daily tasks associated to the ADR Dividend and Settlement Processing, which includes but is not limited to foreign dividend settlement, FX execution, and the subsequent distribution of funds to the US market and underlying investors of American Depository Receipts.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Partnering with senior management to hire and develop a new operation team in the Bournemouth location
- Work closely with operational partners in United States and India to deliver an effective andglobal operating model
- Liaise with internal technology partners to design system improvements and conduct end user testing
- Participate in cross functional, extended management team initiatives and dialogue
- Maintain ownership of all Sub-Custody relationships required to support the DR business
- Monitor custody performance to ensure delivery against JPM requirements, and liaising with network or custodian directly when necessary
- Own, maintain, develop and enhance operating procedures and workflow tools
- Submission and Analysis of metrics around Key Performance Indicators
- Communicate policies to analyst and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
- Oversight and accountability for the calculation and payment of dividends to shareholders
- Review and Submissions of outgoing cash transactions
- Self-motivated, flexible and place the customer at the center of everything they do
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate a team of individuals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with all levels in an organization
- Strong reconciliation and problem solving skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to react to high pressure situations in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to identify control risk issues and remediate
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
Closing Date: April 1, 2020