|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own Digital Transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft are investing in Global Black Belt (GBB) Specialists for Analytics & Data Warehousing scenarios: Modernising legacy Data Warehouses; Migrating to the Cloud; New Modern Data Warehousing deployments and end to end analytics solutions. Our aim is to help our Global customers across all industry sectors to successfully adopt these services and realise their true value.
As Microsoft GBB Specialist your main goal is to win the technical decision with our strategic customers and lead these engagements to successful deployment.
As a GBB Specialist, you will be a senior technical solution leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most valued customers. You will lead strategic Analytics & Data Warehousing technical customer engagements that will require you to deliver architectural design sessions, pilots and/or implementation support directly or through partners. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and proven success in leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer Executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
You will work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, that lead to successful deployments that support achieving/exceeding Azure Data Warehouse and Analytics Services consumption revenue. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across our Microsoft Data Platform and non-Microsoft technologies.
Due to the complexity of these opportunities, the GBB Specialist forms strong v-teams across Microsoft and beyond. Candidates align their efforts with other GBB roles, our mainstream field sellers, Microsoft Services, SI and ISV Partner Sales
Executives, and Microsoft’s broader field leadership. GBB Specialists possess extensive experience with executive customer relationships and connections both in the US and internationally. GBB Specialists also possess deep knowledge of our competitor’s offerings, sales strategies, and relationships with our customers.
- Understand customers’ overall Data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions).
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. You will architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Analytics & Data Warehousing technologies.
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Be the Voice of the Customer; share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers
- Collaborate with other Specialists in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community.
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist for Analytics & Data Warehousing scenarios like modernising your legacy Data Warehouse and migrating to the cloud, new Modern Data Warehousing deployments and end to end analytics solutions.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- 60% of your time will be spent as a key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy, architect and adopt Microsoft Analytics & Data Warehousing (Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Lake) solutions. Being a member of the sales team, you will give technical briefings, demonstrations, help execute proof of concepts and design solutions leveraging partners as needed. You will directly support the market share and revenue growth of Microsoft Analytics & Data Warehousing solutions through your technical leadership in our customers.
- 20% of your time will be spent as a thought leader in the Analytics & Data Warehousing You lead by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry events and publishing blogs, whitepapers, reference architecture etc in your area of expertise.
- 20% of your time will be spent influencing the Microsoft Analytics & Data Warehousing go to market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers you encounter.
- Experience. Extensive success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required.
- Prior work experience in working with solutions that include Data Warehouse, Hadoop, Spark, Data Lake, SQL solutions required.
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. required
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Collaboration and Communication. required:
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Strong Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, etc.)
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused.
- Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit.
- Extensive years’ experience selling & deployment of Analytics & Data Warehousing solutions (SQL DW, Netezza, Teradata, Exadata) required.
- Knowledge of Azure Analytics & Data Warehousing solutions (Azure SQL DW, Azure Data Lake) required.
- Expertise in one or more technologies like Teradata, Oracle Exadata, IBM Netezza, SAP (HANA, BW), HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera/Hortonworks, Apache Spark, Snowflake, MapR, AWS (Redshift, Glue), Google (BigQuery) required.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale data deployments in enterprise-wide environments required.
- Deep domain expertise of Analytics & Data Warehousing solutions (i.e. SQL DW, Netezza, Teradata, Exadata), breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required.
- Knowledge of market trends and competitive insights preferred.
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Certification in the following technologies preferred: Azure SQL DW, Netezza, Teradata, Exadata.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.