|Location:||City of Bristol|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are an engineering consultancy leading in Carbon, working on major infrastructure projects across the world. Mott MacDonald Group are committed to becoming Carbon Neutral in 2020 and working closely with Infrastructure Leaders to achieve the Governments ambition to become Net Zero by 2050.
We are currently looking for an experienced carbon / climate change consultant to join our advisory team in the UK to be based in our Southampton or Bristol office.
Our Carbon team is a virtual team. If you want to go and work on projects abroad, there are plenty to choose from but this role does not demand that you travel all the time and only if you wish to.
We welcome applications from consultants with the following experience:
- experience in leading the delivery of carbon footprinting / carbon management projects across a range of project types delivery against scope, quality and budget, especially in the infrastructure sector
- you need knowledge of legislation and policy influencing carbon and climate change, of key methodologies and data sources associated with carbon footprinting and carbon management, including PAS2080
- experience in environmental impact assessment, and working within EIA teams, coupled with well rounded knowledge on wider sustainability and climate change issues
- you need to have a degree / post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline
- excellent communication skills and numerical skills, including the use of Excel and other tools
- transportation sector experience
- understanding of related environmental topics such as air quality
- experience in renewable energy or financial aspects of carbon management
- experience of mentoring junior staff
- membership of a relevant institute
We are currently looking for an experienced carbon / climate change consultant to join our advisory team in the UK.
You will have solid experience within a similar role and would be responsible for the delivery of carbon / climate change assessments for a wide range of projects in the infrastructure sector.
leading the delivery of carbon footprinting and carbon management projects
environmental impact assessments (EIAs) and planning applications
due diligence work
assessing the performance of projects against national and international standards and to inform the development of project design.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.