|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You’ll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you’ll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you’ll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- Experience in Oracle SQL queries; optimization; Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Understanding of the Java/J2EE technology stack, web technologies, experience with Unix/Linux, JDBC, relational databases such as Oracle.
- Understanding of Bigdata technologies, concepts and technology exposure.
- Understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, Enterprise design patterns, industry best practices, domain driven design, Microservices patterns and architecture
- Experience with log analysis and monitoring tools such as AppDynamics/SPLUNK
- Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
- Knowledge of infrastructure components is preferred (E.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems , compute, storage and networks)
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Require basic understanding and willingness to learn on the job skills around reporting tool like Tableau
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Perform the L1/L2/L3 support activities for the Production Support project with analysis and design work, including impact of requirements across all system components
- Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
- Create unit test cases, perform unit testing, document test results and perform code reviews
- Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
- Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
- Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase& Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.