Become part of the team
Do you enjoy working with data? Do you have an interest in developing a career in economic development? Are you passionate about the role of education and skills in bringing prosperity to middle-income countries? Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organisation? If so, PA Consulting Group has a fantastic opportunity for a data analyst for the Skills for Prosperity (S4P) Hub as part of HMG’s Skills for Prosperity (S4P) programme.
Skills for Prosperity (S4P) Programme:
The S4P Hub provides a management facility for the DFID/FCO Prosperity Fund to support in-country Skills for Prosperity programmes in Brazil, Egypt, Kenya, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Philippines and South Africa. It will provide project management, procurement, M&E and technical assistance support to programmes and will gather evidence and communicate impact.
Skills for Prosperity (S4P) will:
- Contribute to achievement of UK and international commitments on Agenda 2030 and the
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This includes SDG 4, to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all, as well as contributing to specific SDG 4 targets to: Ensure equal access for all women and men to affordable and quality technical, vocational and tertiary education, including university
- Substantially increase the number of youth and adults who have relevant skills, including technical and vocational skills, for employment, decent jobs and entrepreneurship
- Eliminate gender disparities in education and ensure equal access to all levels of education and vocational training for the vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples and children in vulnerable situations
What we're looking for
As our S4P Analyst, and a key member of our S4P Hub team you will be responsible for:
- Experience in collating and analysing data and information to support the coordination and management of projects
- Experience in project management or understanding of project management approaches
- Experience in using varied and appropriate communications approaches to develop and maintain effective relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and fluent in English for both speaking and writing.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage complex work schedules to time.
- Good understanding of English Language Training (ELT), Higher Education (HE) and Technical & Vocational Education & Training (TVET) systems, particularly UK systems and approaches
- Fluency in any languages spoken in S4P programme countries is an advantage but not essential
This role is suitable for industrial placements students, recent graduates or those with alternative qualifications but with the appropriate skills and experience.
Candidates must be willing and eligible to undergo pre-employment screening and relevant security clearances. This role is UK-based (London) with potential infrequent overseas travel.
Please apply with your full CV. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted very promptly.
We can also offer this job as a 1 year Fixed Term Contract or a 3 year Fixed Term Contract (up until March 2023).
- 25 days holiday
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.