|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. The Chief Data Office has a mandate set and actively supported at the board level to transform data management towards demonstrable shareholder value. The Data Network Architecture (‘DNA’) team has a firm wide remit to deliver a broad set of data management capabilities including the overall functional and technical vision for data governance. The initial priority is the development of the ‘DNA’ Data Catalogue product, for storing and searching/visualising Data Lineage and other facts of JPMC data, for the purposes of both Policy compliance and providing insight and intelligence about the firm’s data.
Role Title: DNA Information Architect / Data Modeller
Accountable for leading and shaping the data design of the DNA Data Catalogue Product that sources and distributes facts about data at JPMC. Design phases will be based on prioritised needs from DNA Product Management and a Firm wide working group of stakeholders and the design feeds into an Agile development process to build the Product iteratively. This role will be a part of the Product Management function, taking input from user stories and detailed requirements and turning into designs for both a logical data model plus overseeing an API design based on the logical model.
- Develop the Conceptual & Logical Data model for the DNA Data Catalogue product, with focus on subject areas pertaining to Data Management, including: Data in Motion (lineage), Data in Place, Data Authority & Roles, Data Controls, Data Quality and Data Usage.
- Own and drive advancement of the model to ensure it meets prioritised needs from Product Management and stakeholders. Work alongside Business Analysts to refine those requirements.
- Stakeholder management of Information Architect community across all Lines of Business and Corporate Functions – Plan and run meetings with 10+ peers who input views and design perspectives. Key to the success of this role is to achieve consensus and sign-off amongst this group.
- Document decisions, standards, and ensure the model versions are documented to required standards, and are accessible via modelling portal and confluence site.
- Communicate and train colleagues on the new features of the model after each release.
- Partner with FDM Technology to ensure the DNA API is developed to comply with the Logical Data Model.
- Ensure any breaking changes to the model / API are understood, agreed, stakeholders are comfortable, and aware of how to upgrade
- Work with Technology and Business to enable the integration with the DNA model via the API
- Participate in Firm wide forums on integration topics around sharing architecture data / metadata.
- 10+ years’ experience with Logical Data Modelling using ERwin, PowerDesigner, ERStudio, or similar UML tooling such as MagicDraw.
- Demonstrable success in defining and implementing multiple Enterprise grade Data Models; must be able to show experience modelling data management and/or other architectural metadata.
- Highly knowledgeable about relevant Data Management & Governance topics including: Data Glossaries, Taxonomy management, Data Cataloguing, Data Lineage, Data Quality or Automated Data Discovery – demonstrable practical experience in as many of these as possible.
- Confident and comfortable leading a group of experienced enterprise modellers and architects to achieve consensus. Must be able to show strength of personality and persistence to deliver on time.
- Attention to detail. Quality of documentation and communication is vital.
Optional / Valued:
- Knowledge of RESTful web services, Open API specification, and swagger.
- Technology background in database design, messaging, enterprise integration.
- Knowledge of data/metadata standards including those from W3C (e.g. OWL/RDF) and OMG. Able to transcend from logical modelling to semantic standards.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.