|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Energy markets are transforming rapidly, and we need consultants who can help our clients understand these changes and build business plans that balance the aspirations of customers, regulators and shareholders.
Our successful Energy and Utilities practice is looking for talented utilities specialists to help support our existing client base and our impressive growth strategy.
We are looking for consultants with a strong economics background who can work across the breadth of our sector. However, our immediate need is for consultants with expertise in energy price controls and the RIIO framework.
What we're looking for
As a senior member of the team you will help develop and deliver business opportunities for new and existing clients through your own and PA’s extensive network of clients.
Our ideal candidate will have recent practical experience of UK energy price controls, with an understanding of:
- The rationale for focusing on customer engagement, innovation, outcomes or outputs, incentives and risk/reward measures,
- Regulatory economics and the design and use of incentives,
- Comparative cost modelling and the experience of applying existing statistical techniques to Totex costs,
- Policy development and economic modelling, developing impact assessments and business cases that deal with the risks and uncertainties that companies face,
- How best to achieve and sustain excellence in regulatory and compliance reporting,
- The evolution of energy networks including decarbonisation, electrification of heat and transport, and the Distribution System Operator (DSO),
We would also expect you to have:
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrating the capacity to lead substantial multidisciplinary and/or economic projects,
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills,
- An excellent academic record, with a degree in economics or other relevant discipline,
- The ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and flourish in an entrepreneurial setting,
- Deep experience of working with clients to shape solutions and the drive to effectively manage a project to a successful conclusion,
- Business development and business leadership skills.
We are looking for people who are:
- Energetic, passionate, determined, positive and goal-focused with a commitment to delivering excellence in any and all circumstances,
- Passionate about developing themselves technically, professionally and behaviourally,
- Collaborative team players with strong interpersonal skills, capable of building outstanding relationships with their colleagues and clients,
- Emotionally intelligent with the ability to flex their style to suit different stakeholders,
- Able to engage clients using a range of influencing skills.
- While you will be primarily based in our London head office, you should expect to travel and work on client sites in the UK with the option to work overseas. Where your work commitments allow it, you may be able to work from home.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.