Department: Portfolio Governance
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Report into: Director of Portfolio Governance
About the role
Abcam is the world’s leading web-based business supplying research tools to life scientists worldwide.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for commercially astute senior pricing lead, to fill the role of Director of Pricing Strategy within Abcam’s Portfolio Governance Team. This role is responsible for defining and delivering Abcam’s pricing strategy which forms an integral part of the future growth strategy of the business.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Working with Abcam’s Category Managers, develop, implement and monitor new pricing strategies across the business to maximize long term sales and profitability in line with company targets.
- Maintain and enhance Abcam’s value-based pricing model across all product categories.
- Build systems and processes for dynamic pricing using predictive modelling and statistical techniques.
- Support the design and development of best-in-class pricing systems and price quotation tools, that incorporate multiple internal and external data sources.
- Design and develop regular pricing specific customer surveys to better understand customers willingness to pay across all product categories.
- Lead initiative to build competitor price intelligence capability.
- Lead regular price management reviews with Category Management, Finance, and Sales Teams
- Ensure standards are maintained on pricing to deliver consistency and rigor.
- Act as global lead for all pricing related topics driving knowledge sharing.
Skills and requirements
Proven track record in a senior pricing role with experience leading and implementing new pricing strategies. You will have a solid understanding of conversion, retention and elasticity modelling. Experience within the life sciences sector is desirable but not essential
Strong numerical and analytical capabilities required and the ability to understand underlying behavioral trends, define critical issues and measure the results of initiatives.
Strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to translate strategies in actionable plans. You will be a strong team player able to build credibility and influence senior stakeholders.
Strong communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in a structured and balanced manner.
- Highly-motivated and enthusiastic team player. Comfortable working with a global team, proactively reaching out to the business and colleagues in order to find solutions and deliver outcomes
Excellent working knowledge of MS-Office and adept at data manipulation in Tableau.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth.