|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
The Custody and Fund Services (CFS) Client Reference data initiative aims to provide a consistent view of client across CFS, streamline Client onboarding and Account opening process, resulting in improved servicing of clients, spanning all functions across CFS and providing a single authoritative source ofclient information
The candidate will be responsible for server-side and/or front end development supporting the Client Reference data initiatives for Custody and Fund Services business aimed to significantly improve the Client Onboarding process
She/he will have responsibility for unit-level design, coding, writing automated test cases, unit testing, integration testing and participating in the full SDLC, Agile methodology. The candidate must have a sound grasp of development best practice and system architecture. She/he will be expected to produce high-quality code that can pass critical peer review, and to work under a high-pressure and timeline-driven environment.
Deep technical knowledge and the ability to communicate ideas is an integral part of the role, and as such the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the technical areas required for the project, and should possess good verbal and written communication skills.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, and collaboration skills.
- Java developers:
- Solid understanding of Java,
- Working knowledge of various data structures,
- Concurrency and multi-threading, run time VM, garbage collection,
- Web-based request handling, servlets and filters in J2EE, and distributed architecture
- Java Messaging JMS, Kafka
- Automated test cases
- UI experience preferred but not essential:
- HTML, CSS
- Web Services and various protocols
- Knowledge and experience developing portals and portlets
- Ability to follow complex design and development standards.
- Experience working in multi-time zone development team.
- Experience with real-time, event-driven systems and service-oriented architectures.