|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes Company is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.
The Welder will be required to carry out cladding on machined parts to a high degree of quality,and work on his own initiative to meet the production schedule of the plant.
- Read and understands engineering drawings & specifications.
- Overlay of components using Hot Wire T.I.G. using Fronius 9000 control.
- Set up, Monitor and weld the components within the parameters of the specific weld
- Grinding excess overlay.
- Adhere to Company quality procedures.
- Compile & record weld maps and traceability record sheets.
- Adhere to Company Safety and Environmental policies Qualifications/Requirements
- Fully time served with C&G/ or S/NVQ levels 2 or 3 or equivalent.
- Experience of using Fronius welding machine with the 9000 controls.
- Experience of welding using the Fronius ETR system.
- Preference would be to have experience with SMAW & GMAW welding procedures
- Experience of manual TIG
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Experience of Inconel 625 overlay of components for the oil industry would be an
- Experience of Stainless steel overlay of components for the oil industry would be an
- Positive attitude to new ideas
- Possess good communication skills.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.