|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
- Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations
- Excellent understanding of Database concepts and deployments
- Experience supporting or maintaining complex mission critical database solutions, RDMS technologies, and/or SQL language
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions
- Excellent Communication Skills - verbal, listening, and written (including technical writing).
- Passion for technology, lifelong learning and professional development.
Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
- Experience supporting Azure or other cloud-based solutions
- Microsoft certifications in data platform or Azure technologies
- Experience troubleshooting distributed solutions
- Experience troubleshooting Open Source Databases like MySQL, Postgre SQL, etc.,
- Basic Networking, Storage and Platform troubleshooting skills
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
Previous experience requirement with administration, operation or development with OSS Databases
Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests
Building and deploying DDL and DML to implement application features and function
Managing operational needs of the database (DB) subsystems (e.g. DB backups, maintenance, monitoring), tuning and performance optimization
Experience with backup and disaster recovery solutions for PostgreSQL/MySQL
Building data and DB subsystems to scale to maximum performance
Install and monitor PostgreSQL database using the standard monitoring tools Analyze daily logs using and query tuning
Maintain custom vacuum strategies at table and database level
General database administration with generic performance troubleshooting knowledge
Monitor code migration and database change management through various stages of the development life cycle
Understanding of the PostgreSQL/MySQL Architecture and internals
Skilled with PostgreSQL/MySQL database clusters, replication and high availability, tuning and scalability
Knowledgeable of OSS database utilities and tools
Understanding of PostgreSQL extensions
Understanding of replication and high availability tools and methods. Including knowledge on High Availability and Connection Pooling & Load Balancing PostgreSQL workloads
Understanding on tuning Memory parameters in PostgreSQL
Gain and share expertise in database technologies other than PostgreSQL including SQL Server and MySQL.
Experience in collaboration within different organizational teams, including escalation teams and R&D Teams, and 3rd party support partners (Open Source).
Knowledge of service-oriented architecture.
Knowledge and experience with the Open Source ecosystem.
Experience in Microsoft Azure, or any other cloud technology.
Programming & Debugging Experience not specific to any language or platform
Experience with Windows and Linux operation
Significant knowledge of database internals, either with PostgreSQL, MySQL or some other RDBMS.
Great interpersonal and communication skills-both oral and written-and success in partnering with groups inside and outside of Microsoft.
Self-motivated and independent thinker that routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner.
Ability to distill, prioritize and act on feedback from a variety of sources.
Conviction and courage to drive decisions and defend positions as appropriate.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.