|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products. Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
As a Support Escalation Engineer focused on High Performance Computing (HPC) environments, you will have the opportunity to leverage tools and troubleshooting skills to solve technically complex problems while working with our most strategic enterprise customers. You will be a technical leader and will have many opportunities to assist in the growth of other engineers through one-on-one mentoring, one-to-many education scenarios, and problem-solving collaboration. As a member of this organization, you will benefit from access to a comprehensive panel of experts as well as the opportunity to work directly with our Development team.
- Build business relationships with key customer contacts and Technical Account Managers and that enhance trust
- Quickly identify customer issues specific to Azure HPC Infrastructure or the Azure Platform
- Collaborate with Engineering as well as HPC platform groups effectively
- Respond to and resolve critical customer issues
- Develop tools and scripts to automate troubleshooting activities
- Test and vet new technology in support of HPC Azure efforts
- Contribute to internal and external documentation regarding HPC
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines
- Great interpersonal and communication skills-both oral and written-and success in partnering with groups inside and outside of Microsoft
- Strong customer service skills, accurate and logical problem solving, and communication skills, plus the ability to excel in a team environment is essential
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex technical issues involving multiple technologies
Strong technical experience in three or more of the following:
- Cloud Core Platform (Compute, Storage)
- Familiarity with Security and OS Internals concepts (Linux and/or Windows)
- Understanding of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
- Managing HPC clusters on-premises or on Cloud
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related protocol, InfiniBand.
- Programing skills in scripting languages like python, bash, ruby.
Desirable qualifications & knowledge:
- BS in computer science or engineering preferred
- Understand foundation and background in Microsoft products and technologies
- Programming skills in C, C++
- Familiarity with HPC schedulers
- Familiarity with MPI libraries and programming
- Experience administering Linux (boot process, file systems, network device, and protocol configuration)
- Familiarity with core OS services such as: SSH, telnet, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Samba and LDAP
- Understand hierarchical file systems, including high performance parallel storage and HPC cache
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.