|Job Type:||Full Time|
This project leadership role will drive coordination, execution and communication across multiple engineering product lines within a single project. The Project Engineering Manager is responsible for coordination between product line engineering teams to ensure successful completion of project activities on-time and on-budget.
- The role will include the responsibility and coordination of the PEM’s (Project Engineering Managers) or Leads for; Tress (XT), Controls (PCS) and Manifold s and Connections Systems (MCS). The PEM will work directly with the Project Director (PD) and report into the Engineering Manager for Subsea Projects.
- Essential Responsibilities may be changed upon the needs for each project and team solutions. The following is an indication of the covered detailed Responsibilities for the role.
- Responsible for the project technical relationship with the client.
- Accountable for the detailed engineering integrated planning and execution to the plan.
- Coordinate COE’s engineering activities to achieve overall budgeted hours for all packages.
- Lead monthly scheduled reviews that track progress and spending by team.
- Monitor, explain and resolve any deviations from the early baseline on the S-curve for engineering.
- Drive on-time delivery through regular meetings and detailed team engagement.
- Issue and approve manpower needed to execute to the schedule and any additional scope that enters the projects.
- Manage the cost and the resource plan.
- Establish cost analysis based on tasks and milestones.
- Track and trend all engineering spending as required and necessary.
- Maintain cost analysis, explain and resolve any deviations from the allocated costs within each of the project engineering teams.
- Track efficiency factors on projects and forecast project impacts based on changes in efficiency.
- Take corrective actions where necessary.
- Escalate issues if needed into systems or the product team leadership to resolve.
- Utilize the Technical Control Board to resolve issues and collaborate within the engineering product lines.
- Drive Configuration Control within the product subsystems to prevent changes that will impact cost & schedule.
- Track schedule beyond engineering deliverable to ensure engineering ownership and supply chain support throughout the production cycle on a part by part basis.
- Partner with systems engineering to identify and resolve any changes in specifications or product requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction in projects to the PL Engineering teams.
- Overall responsibility and coordination of the qualification related to PL Engineering.
- Including budget.
- TQP’s FMECA’s coordination and support, including the budget and key milestones in plan.
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with previous experience in process improvements, engineering and/or project management).
- Previous experience in positions as testing, project engineering, system engineering, project management or process improvements.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization and project teams.
- Ability to motivate others and achieve results.
- Commitment to process improvement.
- Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Executive level presentation skills.
- Ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions
- Ability to make things happen despite apparent failings of the formal organization or project management in projects.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.