|Job Type:||Full Time|
We're about to embark on a significant fleet transformation, introducing state of the art electric double deck buses and upgrading our existing fleet. To help us with this we are looking for a PSV/HGV Mechanics and Technicians to join our busy Engineering team in York.
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of engineers maintaining our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this position could just be the job for you!
You'll have the opportunity to work with the latest full electric vehicles, as well as Euro 6 diesel and hybrid buses.
We have a range of shifts available working at our James Street depot in York.
The salary for this Mechanic/Technician position is £29,000 to £34,000+ per year depending on the shift. The working hours are 40 per week.
If you apply before the end of March, we also off a £1000 sign on bonus- to be paid £500 after 6 months successful probation & then another £500 after 12 months employment for fully qualified Mechanics!
- Early/Late shift - 5 over 7 including weekends, £14 per hour.
- Late Shift - Sunday to Thursday, £16.50 per hour.
What will you be doing?
The successful Mechanic/Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used
- Carry out vehicle servicing and routine vehicle examinations using hand held data capture devices if applicable
- Attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries
- Carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to identify specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair
Skills & Experience
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- Ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- A PCV licence is desirable, ability to obtain PCV licence is essential
- Experience of working with buses & coaches would be an advantage
- A basic electrical understanding
You must be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle systems engines, gear boxes and hydraulic systems.
You must also have experience using workshop equipment such as brake rolling road testers, tracking gauges, hydraulic vehicle lifts, washing systems and testing equipment.
What can we offer you?
- £1000 sign on bonus if you apply before 28th March 2020
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
First York is part of FirstGroup, one of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!