|Job Type:||Full Time|
CIB F&BM – Global Equities Financial Resource Product Controller – Vice President
The Global Financial Resource Product Control function sits within the Equity Product Controller organization, itself a part of Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) Finance and Business Management (F&BM), and is responsible for supporting the reporting, efficient management of and explain of key financial resources (predominantly Capital and Balance Sheet) across the business and other F&BM stakeholders. The team has evolved in response to heightened sensitivity and requirement for fortress balance sheet, strong liquidity, and robust financial performance measures (Tier 1 Capital ratio / Leverage ratio / Return on Equity etc) as well as the efficient management of regulatory capital.
The JPMorgan Global Equities Business is a global leader in providing a wide range of equities solutions to our clients, this incorporates many products, including equity derivatives, options, hedge fund products, Variable Funding Notes, Exchange Traded Funds, structured liabilities, cash equity products, clearance and settlement of securities, margin financing and securities lending. In addition, the business also offers flexible financing to clients in either physical form or through synthetic products and with its ability to borrow and lend securities (stock loan) or allow clients to create short exposure. A further role of the financing business is to provide the businesses with both short term and long term secured funding.
Role description: The candidate will be responsible for managing the Equity Product Control contributions towards:
- Forecasting of Balance Sheet, Risk Weighted Assets and other metrics such as GSIB, SVA and CIBT charges, etc. and ensure accurate forecasts are submitted in a timely manner and properly syndicated and understood by the business review.
- Review and sign off of the actual financial resource measures including production and review of variances over time periods as well as vs. forecasts, and ensure the reporting adheres to regulatory and accounting requirements.
- Adhoc requests which may involve data reconciliation, investigation and explanation of key business drivers to senior management, CIB Treasury, Corporate Reporting and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the Global Equities line of business is in compliance with all CIB and Corporate policies such as Product Controller minimum standards (e.g. controls, processes are documented and transparent) as they relate to financial resource measurement and management.
- Work with business stakeholders, Treasury and external reporting teams to progress on Balance Sheet, GSIB, Leverage, optimization agenda for the business and act as conduit between the regional (Americas/EMEA/Asia) Product Control teams
- Management and supervision of teams spread across multiple locations Training/knowledge share across Global Equities Product Controller teams and identify areas for synergies and efficiencies.
- Represent Global Equities on a variety of CIB and Firmwide forums on financial resource related reporting implementation
The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment, but also be able to drive strategic change, specific qualifications include
- Ability to multi-task with flexible working style, prioritise deadlines with competing requirements.
- Control/efficiency mindset & strong analytical skills.
- High enthusiasm and energy
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Product experience (Equities, Stock Borrows & Derivatives) and good working knowledge of MS Excel and Powerpoint, with Microsoft access skills would be advantageous.
- Accounting & regulatory knowledge, specifically Basel Capital Rules preferred
- Ability to build and sustain strong relationships with key stakeholders and other teams
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.