|Job Type:||Full Time|
SwiftKey's powerful inference engine, and the models it runs upon, provide predictive and corrective input experiences from mobile to the desktop to the cloud.Our technology uses machine learning at its core, continually adapting to users to optimise their input experience.
We are looking for talented engineers to join our team, to continue to improve the capabilities of our core technology, which powers SwiftKey and myriad input systems across Microsoft and beyond.
Engineers working on our core engine enjoy a wide range of challenges, solving complex theoretical problems, whilst also producing well-engineered, well-tested solutions that can run in the real world, on a range of platforms and architectures - many of them resource-constrained.
If this sounds like the sort of challenge that interests you, we'd like to hear from you.
- Work as part of an active and engaged team
- Contribute significantly to our core technology and the modelling approaches it runs upon
- Write high-quality, well-tested software
- Bring your own insights into a collaborative engineering culture
You must have...
- Strong ability in C++, or the ability to pick up new OO languages quickly
- A healthy balance of computer science and software engineering
- A principled approach to writing software
- Solid understanding of probability theory and mathematics
- An undergraduate degree - in Computer Science or related fields, or suitable experience to render this irrelevant
You might have...
- Interest in Natural Language Processing
- Experience of performance profiling andoptimisation
- An understanding of test-driven development
- Experience or interest in functional programming languages
- Experience with version-control systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.