|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your role within our Kingdom
The Market and Competitive Intelligence team are responsible for maintaining King's view on the outside world of mobile gaming to influence our products and are arguably one of the world's leading mobile gaming analytics units.
Key requirements include very strong analytical capabilities; the ability to manipulate large datasets with granular metrics across a wide range of games and in thinking how they drive performance. You will use your in-depth expertise to translate data to clearly communicate key messages to senior leadership, provide your best insights and new perspectives to solve complex business problems; and a curious nature into how mobile games work on a feature level.
Specially, as an MCI Manager Intern, you will:
* Manipulate competitor data to identify and interpret trends in the gaming industry, investigate cause/effect and deliver findings to influence the game design and strategy at King
* Have a keen eye for innovations at feature level in the gaming market, be able to draw out hypotheses why features succeed (or fail) and clearly communicate findings
* Be a key part of building King's genre taxonomy integrating new games and developing the genre taxonomy as the market evolves to keep King's view on the industry current and complete
* Lead presentations with key findings to varying audiences in order to convey key messages, complex problems, findings and identified solutions in a creative and effective way
Skills to create thrills
* Currently enrolled on an MBA programme at a leading institution
* Be able to clearly structure projects and identify key areas for analysis leading investigations from start to finish
* Strong commercial acumen, as well as demonstrable experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non-financial business drivers
* A strong knowledge of mobile gaming or be passionate enough to dedicate extra time to learning about this quickly maturing industry giant
* Can prioritise effectively leading multiple project work streams simultaneously and independently
* Passionate about data and applying an analytical mind-set partnered with strong attention to detail
* Advanced Excel skills and experience and initiative in building robust financial models
* Experience in presenting commercial and financial metrics to non-finance teams and key stakeholders
* Active attitude, eager to contribute
* Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others
* Strong quantitative skills with proficiency in Excel/VBA and programming languages such as Python, SQL, R etc.
* Experience with the 'Looker' client tool
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English. The deadline for applications is Sunday 22nd March 2020. This is a paid, full-time internship role. The duration is between May - September 2020 (depending on school calendar).