|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Samsara’s European engineering team was established to focus on the European market. Our European customers have unique expectations and requirements that are specific to the EU market and at times ahead of US market trends. We work closely with the PM and Design teams to identify valuable features and deliver value to our customers. We are looking for somebody who is goal oriented, loves learning and solves problems in a collaborative manner.
In this role, you will:
- Work with product managers, designers, firmware and infra engineers to architect, build, test and deliver full stack features across front-end, back-end and mobile. GoLang, GraphQL, Typescript, React and ReactNative are some of the components of our technology stack. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
- Responsible for maintaining the production systems that your team owns and provide operational support.
- Helping to build the culture of the team and making it an enjoyable place to work!
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- Has 5+ years of relevant industry experience in software development
- Is interested in working on an early stage venture
- Enjoys understanding our users and what would make their day to day processes easier to manage
- Is interested in owning and building out new features end to end
- Can work across the entire stack
- Enjoys working collaboratively with developers of different focuses (infra, firmware, vision, etc)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.