|Job Type:||Full Time|
Description: Global Credit and FI cash trade and structure a variety of products for a wide range of clients globally. The continued pace of change means that Operations needs to continue to adapt to the changing business needs and provide innovative solutions to business problems and maintain a strong control framework.
Global Credit and FI Cash Middle Office is primarily responsible for trade management, risk management, and regulatory Reporting. Operational Controls assists the Line with identifying high inherent risk activities and assessing material risk within these processes for management oversight and reporting in various global and local control forums.
The role is broad in terms of coverage and requires strong delivery skills, the ability to break down complex issues, provide solutions, as well as excellent communications, influencing skills – across senior levels of the bank.
You will work with our business stakeholders, perform deep-dive analysis to provide and drive consensus for solutions, and coordinate with our technology partners to deliver the solutions. You will partner extensively with the lines of business, Legal, Compliance, Audit, Technology and Corporate Operational Risk. The candidate should be able to work independently but also as part of the wider team. This role provides a breadth and depth of visibility across the CIB CAO organization with extensive cross-functional and cross-business exposure, and the opportunity to creatively problem-solve on a broad scale.
The role is an excellent opportunity to get exposure to trading & product control activities and develop a strong operational skills set. This role will also require a degree of project work alongside any expected BAU.
- Work with Middle Office and Central Control Teams to implement Corporate or Line of Business policies, procedures, or other initiatives related to control enhancements or best practices
- Take ownership of control related issues in order to propose and drive solutions to meet deadlines
- Work with MO teams to identify and remediate process/control gaps to comply with corporate standards or policies
- Interpreting and assessing the impact of regulatory or Market driven changes,
- Assess and recommend options, including opportunities to leverage strategic solutions, identify required controls and operating models when tactical solutions are demanded
- Interpretation of data analysis into actionable recommendations through well-formed outcomes and present to management in concise and easily understandable terms
- Communication and engagement into cross business management and Governance Forums
The successful applicant with have;
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly gain understanding of processes and purposes
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Work efficiently under pressure
- Previous relevant risk and control experience beneficial
- Previous relevant business and product knowledge
- Previous project management experience
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Ability to produce clear, concise, relevant and accurate documentation
- Strong analytical skills with complementary communications and presentation skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Team Work - The ability to work effectively as part of a team working to deliver against core business
- Autonomy – Must be able to see processes or projects through to completion.
- Self-starter and ability to learn quickly; sifting through significant detail to derive key points
- Critical thinking: strong analytical, and thoughtful problem solving skills
- Ability to manage through a changing business landscape
- Demonstrate track record of bringing initiatives to timely closure
People and Communication
- Fair-minded, strong relationship management and partnership with a large array of stakeholders
- Ability to influence and promote change
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Business and Subject Matter Knowledge
- An interest or appreciation in CIB Markets
- Financial markets product knowledge and understanding of the transaction life cycle in one or more of the key business areas beneficial
- Knowledge of corporate operational risk and control framework beneficial
Graduate qualification or equivalent work experience.