|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Oversee the technical design of several key components across multiple applications and projects.
- Partner with developers to implement key components/frameworks.
- Code review and mentor developers to improve quality of implementations over time and play a key role in reducing tech debt.
- Identify and facilitate issue resolutions and escalate where applicable
- Participate in meetings at the project level, providing continuous feedback on project status and offering constructive options to ensure project tracks to original expectation
- Ensure design and implementation is completed in accordance with all Risk, Architecture and other relevant firm-wide guidelines
- Proven track record in software development.
- Personally designed a Java-based application or set of components that solve a complex problem with both business & technical challenges.
- Understanding of the core architecture aspects that affect design of model software, e.g. designing for the cloud, self-healing processes, redundancy, resilience, lambda/functional programming, scalability, pros/cons of no-sql & big data platforms, HA vs DR vs SR, logical vs physical data modelling, etc.
- Hands on experience in Java 8 micro-services including REST, JSON, Spring framework, Springboot.
- Experience using IntelliJ, Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins), Maven, Auto-deployment tools, Performance / load testing, Java memory profiling.
- Strong debugging and technical troubleshooting skills, Knowledge of code testing techniques.
- Experience of test driven development and behaviour driven testing using JBehave/Cucumber.
- Experience with task management tool (JIRA or equivalent)
- College degree (computer science preferred).
- Experience of working in the Financial Services industry is helpful, particularly in Collateral Management, OTC Cleared and/or Bilateral Derivatives
- Exposure of NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase& Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation.
If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.