|Job Type:||Full Time|
Corporate and Investment Bank Finance and Business Management – Legal Entity Control - VP
Legal Entity Control
The Legal Entity Control (LEC) team are part of JP Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank Business and Finance team. The LEC team includes 60+ team members based in London and Mumbai.
LEC are primarily responsible for the oversight of the legal entities in the UK and ensuring that a strong control environment exists as it relates to all businesses, products and operational areas that impact the UK financial statements.
LEC are also responsible for ensuring that legal entity implications are considered for all transactions that flow through the entities. Individual members of the team are required to have a firm understanding of the products and business that use the entities. The team collaborate extensively with the Product and Business Controllers who have primary responsibility for the business activities and results.
This role has been specifically created in statutory financial statements production team within LEC. The individual will be part of the team responsible for co-ordination & project management of statutory financial statements production as well as audit for key EMEA regulated entities within the CIB. The work is challenging with tight regulatory deadlines, and therefore requires strong time management as well as technical skills. The successful candidate will join a meritocratic, team orientated environment, committed to individual development and long term career development.
- Responsible for managing the end to end delivery of the accounts for a UK Regulated Legal Entity and providing support across other key Regulated Entities.
Support technical UK GAAP/IFRS accounting analyses including accounting memos.
Involvement in accounting standard implementation relevant to legal entity (i.e. IFRS 9/15).
Support various projects and initiatives which impact the legal entity including product, Infrastructure, Regulatory, Compliance and other business driven initiatives.
Management of one member of staff.
Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders including PwC, Product Control, Tax, Regulatory Reporting, Technology and Corporate teams to enable an effective coordination of the process.
Work closely with PwC auditors to ensure issues are resolved and deadlines are met.
Prepare board reports and present to the board of directors and senior management.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified accountant (i.e. CA, ACCA, CPA etc.) with at least 5 years Post Qualification Experience.
- Big 4 experience preferred – involvement in infrastructure audits a benefit.
- Experience of both retail and investment bank financial accounting and products is essential.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with experience in financial statement production and managing audits.
- Experience with SAP is desirable
- Ability to work under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Innovative mind-set to drive constant challenge and improvement.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and an ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and influence outcomes.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail. Able to discuss legal entity and business results and issues with senior management.
- Advanced Excel skills, plus ideally an understanding of process enhancement tools such as Alteryx & Tableau.
- A strong track record of team building, development, and management.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.