|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking a Senior Procurement Manager (Team Lead) to join our Procurement team based in London Bridge on an initial 12 month contract.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Head of Procurement in managing the team, undertaking operational activities, supporting the delivery of defined procurement strategy and ensuring that business as usual activities, approvals and governance is maintained.
The Procurement team at Southeastern are responsible for all purchasing requirements for the organisation and support a wide range of functions from purchase order creation, supplier management, tendering, contract and commercial support and delivering value through savings, improved contracts and supply chain efficiencies.
This role will include the direct management of three experienced managers and one officer and oversight of a further three administrators. The primary responsibilities will include co-ordinating of team activities, deputising for the Head of Procurement, managing P2P system approvals and enforcing governance policies. In addition, the role will include direct responsibility to deliver several high value tenders to help deliver key business commitments.
Where required, the role incorporates supporting all members of the team for any planned or ad hoc cover.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for the role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) – or equivalent transferrable degree or professional qualification.
- Experience of working in a senior role in either a procurement, commercial or contract management environment.
- Experience of successfully delivering +£3m tender processes and OJEU procedures.
- Demonstrable experience of multi-million pound services contracts.
- Comprehensive understanding of the procurement process, including contractual documentation and governance requirements.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience.
- Proficient experience of supply chain planning and producing associated reports.
- Proficient knowledge of contract law, government legislation and OJEU regulations.
- Good understanding and experience of procure to pay (P2P) systems and processes
- Demonstrable experience of contract management (i.e. post contract) and SLA’s.
- Good understand of e-tendering systems/tools.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway