|Job Type:||Full Time|
This newly created Service Delivery role is primarily a technical role that
will provide services within the Lenovo Configuration Services Facility (CFS).
Your responsibilities would be:
- Deploy asset tags and associated labels, collection of related data and
- System Integration & Configuration such as HDD Partitioning, Image Load,
Standard software configuration, Standard BIOS and vPro settings for Lenovo
- Track (scan in/out) each system (or peripheral) as it passes through the
various stages / warehouse locations of the configuration services facility.
- Provide accurate reports on all activities performed at this facility on a
daily, weekly and/ or monthly basis.
- Develop, analyze and maintain tools that support, and automate build and
- Work with the project management team to establish, document and maintain
the build process for each project.
- Plan and scale resources within the facility to cope with a staggered or
spiked work demand.
- Actively assess/contribute to the continuous improvement of work, standards,
processes and methodologies
- In order to cope with ongoing demand, provide advice around capability,
scale of facility and other process improvements as deemed fit.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment within the Lenovo configuration
- You will work within a team that has a strong focus on collaborating and
sharing knowledge among your peers to facilitate timely and superior delivery
- Provide training and guidance on build processes as required to other staff
as deemed fit or necessary.
- Has the ability to work in a high pressure environment to tight time frames
- Can manage and priorities large volumes of freight/orders
- 5+ years' proven IT experience as a Configuration Engineer in a medium to
large corporate environment
- Able to problem solve and think laterally
- Proven ability to learn new and complex technology
- Able to prioritize in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to commit and hold to delivery dates, but also work with agility and
speed to respond to short-notice requests
- Effectively transfer thoughts and expresses ideas verbally in individual or
- Relevant industry experience managing, designing, and implementing
enterprise scale server and desktop environments
- Working Knowledge on Windows Operating Systems and MS Products
- Proven ability to troubleshoot Client solutions
- Automation and scripting skills.
- Exposure to regulated environments would be highly regarded
Ideally technical knowledge in some of the following:
- SOE / MOE image creation and deployment
- SCCM 2012 or 2016
- Windows 7/10
- Intune and Azure or other UEM/MDM
- VMware or Hyper-V
- Microsoft White glove, Google Zero Touch, Apple DEP
- Workspace One
- Linux, OSx, iOS, Android
Good to have:
- Superior customer service skills
- Fluent in English, additional language proficiency
- Technical Knowledge on Client (Desktop, Notebook & Tablets)
- Structured Troubleshooting Techniques
- Strong Services Industry and ‘ITIL’ acumen
- Good ability to communicate ideas, sound knowledge of MS Products
- Strong understanding of the warranty model
- Financial acumen
Full time Lenovo employee contract, unlimited, based in Warrington.
At Lenovo we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applications from
people with disabilities are welcome!
About Lenovo Services
We think and act differently!
Lenovo Services adopted a new way towards a smart transformation to become a
solution-based company. Services offer a comprehensive portfolio of services
that support the full lifecycle of the Lenovo products. At every stage from
planning, deployment, support to asset disposal we offer the expertise and
services to more accurately budget for the customer`s IT expenses, deliver
better SLA and generate greater end user satisfaction.
Shape a new Services culture with us!
Lenovo is a $46 billion global Fortune 500 company and leader in providing
innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of
high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs, workstations, servers,
storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones, tablets
and apps. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working
together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a
friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be
known as the best in what we do.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis
of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.