|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Sphere team is looking for a Technical Product/Program Manager who can help us drive our customer developer experience. Azure Sphere is Microsoft’s solution for creating highly-secured, Internet-connected microcontroller (MCU) devices. We’re building a turnkey platform (Silicon, OS, and Services) for manufacturers as millions their devices come online to be part of the ‘Internet of Things’.
We are looking for someone who can help us:
- define and deliver a great experience for the developers who build and maintain these devices – across our SDK, APIs, GitHub reference solutions, etc.
- guide manufacturers to succeed with Azure Sphere, via the delivery of compelling demos and bespoke customer acceleration programs. We need a person who can do all this by building relationships through trust, working fearlessly to deliver the best outcome, and engaging with kindness and inclusivity. Come join us! You’ll have unparalleled opportunity to rapidly learn new skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies. To learn more about this exciting new project, please visit www.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-sphere.
- Plan complex features or demos with the engineering team by analyzing customer needs, identifying resource requirements, adjusting scope and priorities while managing expectations and feature risks.
- Co-ordinate the release of these features and demos by partnering closely with individual engineers and other PMs, building relationships across the Azure Sphere team and elsewhere in Microsoft, identifying and resolving issues, reporting progress, and delivering software and documentation drops.
- Contribute to engineering process improvements to increase team productivity.
- Work with key customers, partners, and early adopters to understand their specific requirements and to triage incoming requests.
- Help to foster increasing the diversity of thought and ideas within the group.
- 7+ years of relevant technical leadership experience in a software or hardware engineering environment.
- Outstanding level of technical, process and design problem solving.
- Adaptable to meet dynamic goals in a very agile team.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and planning and project management skills.
- Proven experience of working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstratable track record of shipping quality products on time.
- A BS/MSc in technical field or equivalent technical knowledge.
- Quarterly intercontinental travel is expected, particularly between Cambridge, UK and Redmond.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.