|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who are we?
Microsoft Consulting Services is expanding the capabilities of our Mixed Reality Studio in London, and looking for seasoned veteran creators to join us.
Our team works in tight collaboration with external consumer, enterprise, and commercial partners, crafting innovative solutions that leverage both the power of the HoloLens and the deep domain expertise of our many customers.
We brainstorm exciting and ground-breaking experiences and quickly build working prototypes on top of developing tech. We transform our ideas into reality through shipping first-to-market products.
To deliver on our vision, we are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to work with a multi-discipline rapid prototyping team in the creation of transformative consumer and enterprise experiences and applications.
You have a stellar track record and you love to learn and tackle new challenges. You’re excited to collaborate directly with artists and designers in a game development-savvy studio. You’re enthusiastic about applying your development talents building and iterating on prototypes to discover what works best, then leveraging your knowledge to create incredible shipping software products. You're looking to make significant contributions to the early stages of a project with huge growth potential
- Execution – Drive through ambiguity with well-architected technical designs, aggressive and achievable schedules, technical mentorship, and significant code contributions.
- Collaboration - Work collaboratively, in the spirit of rapid prototyping, with production, art, design, and a high performing team of developers to deliver world class application products with superb production values.
- Feedback - Actively seeks out, accepts and provides feedback from peers.
- Client Focus – Active participation in customer workshops with the ability to authoritatively represent the technical requirements for the studio
- Products - An excellent track record of professional development experience in C#/C/C++ with multiple shipped products.
- Engine - Demonstrated recent hands on experience with Unity; other modern game engines (Unreal or similar) are a plus.
- Experience - Demonstrated years of professional game development experience (or similar real-time 3D interactive experiences)
- Communications - Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Degree - BA/BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem-solving and algorithm development skills.
- Debugging - Excellent debugging and optimization skills working in a multi-threaded environment.
- Product Passion - Passion for entertainment, technology, games, and/or amazing user experiences.
- Expert - Domain expertise in one or more technologies, such as gameplay, computer vision, rendering, GPU programming, machine learning, console development, multiple hardware platforms, low-level development or natural user interfaces.
- User Features - Experience developing user-facing features
- Maths - Strong background in 3D and other applied mathematics
- Problem Solving - Strong problem solving and algorithm development skills
- Self-motivated - comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work
- Advanced degree - in Computer Science or related field.
- Startup experience - V1 product, or similar demonstrated background.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.