|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wholesale Lending Services Middle Office (WLS MO)
Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) supports clients in Corporate & Investment Bank; Asset Management Commercial Banking and Business Banking. The group consists of approximately 2,200 employees and is responsible for 300,000 loans in excess of $500 billion.
Wholesale Lending Services Middle Office (WLS MO) is part of WLS and provides global end-to-end loan origination, servicing, restructuring and trading support. Services are tailored to the needs of the client and lines of business, ranging from bilateral to large syndicated loan agreements. Services provided include Loan Origination; Deal Closing & Funding; Documentation Review; Core Loan Servicing; Loan Closing & Trade Settlement.
Within WLS MO the following role has become available:
EMEA Traditional Credit Products Middle Office (TCP MO) –– Team Lead – Vice President
This position is to lead the Transaction Coordination team of the TCP MO. The Transaction Coordinators are responsible for coordinating complex syndicated loans for the Corporate Investment and Commercial Banks. The team works closely with the origination businesses, ensuring that all necessary information is reviewed for operational feasibility and optimal execution. The team partners with various internal and external parties, including, but not limited to, Debt Capital Markets (DCM), Credit Risk, Loan and Agency, Legal, as well as Borrowers and Lenders. The team also interacts with counterparts internationally on cross-border transactions.
- Manage a team of Transaction Coordinators who work a cross-line-of-business pipeline of loan transactions and coordinate their execution and closing, including, but not limited to, new deals, refinancings, amendments, cross-border transactions, acquisition financings, and cashless roll repricings
- Represent the organisation to business stakeholders across the Bank as well as functional partners (e.g. Credit Risk, Product Controllers, Treasury)
- Partner with Closing, Agency, and Trading teams to ensure a cohesive and performing broader loan middle office operation
- Own and present MIS to group and senior management
- Take the lead or, where needed, participate in projects and act as subject matter expert in working groups across the Firm to enhance process efficiency
- Contribute to and execute strategic direction of the team
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive environment that supports growth and development
- Monitor and maintain excellent oversight over the operation to ensure a successful and controls focussed environment
- Strong leadership and management abilities; able to build and lead effective, diverse teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; interact professionally and confidently with senior deal team members within the Front Office globally
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technology environment; must be a change leader
- Think strategically and tactically to design process improvement ideas with the flexibility to adjust to new innovations, regulations, and priorities
- Navigate uncertainty; have the confidence to make decisions and provide direction to individuals
- Lead by example; set high standards of performance for self and others
- Experience managing teams
- Extensive experience in a loan operations / transaction management advantageous
- Knowledge of the loan product / syndicated loan business, including an understanding of a credit agreement, loan funding mechanics, deal structure, funds flows and supplemental documentation advantageous
- High degree of numeracy and aptitude for analytical examination of problems; attention to detail being paramount
- Ability to:
- prioritise tasks appropriately, whilst operating within a fast-changing and high pressured environment
- communicate professionally and accurately in written and oral form
- summarise issues succinctly and set out well thought-out solutions
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.