Role Title: Global Markets, Director, Digital and Data
Business: Global Banking and Markets
New or Existing Role? New
GCB Grade: 3
Location: 8 Canada Square, London
The GM Digital and Data office sits within Global Markets and is responsible to the Head of Markets. The office encompasses all aspects of Global Market’s digital and data strategy across all asset classes and regions.
- Global Markets is organised in specialised teams:
- Foreign Exchange
- Fixed Income
The GM Digital and Data office has currently 3 primary pillars:
- Global Markets Portfolio Management
- Provides oversight of GM Projects and Strategic Initiatives
- Global Markets FRTB
- Provides oversight and seeks alignment of FRTB programme with Digital and Data strategy
- Global Markets Platform Management
- Defines product platform strategy, identifies synergistic opportunities, drives implementation with a keen eye on budget and cost containment
- Establish the governance and control framework
- Manage the day to day agenda and actions emanating thereof:
- Deputising for the Chief Digital and Data Officer
- Establishing connectivity intra-Markets (Asset Classes, Sales, COO office) and extra- Markets (IT, Risk, Finance, wider GBM, other LoBs)
- Overseeing the day-to-day administration and smooth operation of the Book of Work
- Provide strategic management and ad-hoc support to the Chief of Digital and Data
- Management of all day-to-day governance relating to Digital and Data
- Manage change, whether Global Markets driven or externally, with appropriate stakeholder communication, to ensure that all strategic agenda is delivered
- Maintain and continually challenge the organisational design to ensure it is as simple, effective and efficient as possible
- Embed continuous improvement; realign approach and reformat content of strategy to safeguard relevance and secure strong stakeholder engagement through clear understanding of the purpose and value of strategy
- Support implementation of Sustainability requirements and be an ambassador for Sustainability to drive performance
- Works directly with the Chief of Digital and Data, her directs, the Head of Markets and EXCO, as well as external to Markets stakeholders, providing the necessary orchestration and ah-hoc support
- The nature of the role requires close working contact with senior executives both cross-region, cross-asset class and cross-function
- Develop and execute communication plans both within and outside of Global Markets to ensure strong understanding of purpose, strategy, deliverables and value
- The incumbent must be able to develop a high performance virtual team through strong leadership and influencing skills
- The incumbent should be able to work as part of a broader senior team to build a vision for Global Markets and deliver a successful outcome
- Maintain an open channel of communication to ensure that we align within Global Markets and more broadly with the Group
- Build and maintain a strong network across Global Markets and with GBM, Global Functions and Global Businesses
- Acts as a role model for HSBC’s values; leading with courageous integrity and embedding the values in day to day behaviours and decision making
- Flexibility and adaptability – constantly changing priorities and tasks that are potentially highly restricted in nature, unpredictable and wide ranging, complex and time sensitive requires the simultaneous handling of a broad range of issues.
- Stakeholder considerations – the role is of the highest quality, most succinct output that is suitable for senior executive management and external parties (including regulators) at all times, regardless of pressures.
- Staying abreast of external developments in global regulation and competitor activity. Proactive identification of issues and initiation of structured discussions with the key stakeholders across Global Markets, GBM and other LoBs with regard to Collaboration and Group Functions.
- Sensitivity and trust – engendering a true sense of urgency, pace, community and collaboration across Global Markets business, GBM and other parts of the Bank.