|Job Type:||Full Time|
The position is within the Capital Reporting Regulatory department of Finance. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls.
The regulatory finance department is a high profile function, providing financial information to the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”), Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) and the Bank of England, as well as producing financial information for submission to the German regulator.
Capital Reporting Group
The core responsibilities of the Capital Reporting Group are:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and biannual returns for the following solo regulated entities and their associated UK consolidation groups: JPMorgan Securities Plc (JPMS Plc), JP Morgan Europe Limited (JPMEL), JPMorgan Markets Limited (JPMML), JPM AG.
- Daily monitoring and preparation of capital adequacy and large exposures reports for the above entities
- Interpretation of the Regulatory rules which forms the basis of PRA reporting and providing regulatory guidance to the business
- Partnership and supporting other Finance areas with their reporting requirements (e.g. recovery and resolution, ICAAP)
The Regulatory function within the UK EMEA space is changing rapidly to accommodate both internal and external drivers of change: for example through greater business engagement, legal entity strategy and implementation of modelled approaches to capital.
The position is within the Capital Reporting Regulatory department of Finance. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to the regulators, the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”) and Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”).
Job Title – Regulatory Capital Associate
- Co-ordinate/project manage the quarterly COREP reporting suite for regulated entities, including submission of Own Funds returns (for example, CA1, CA2), Group Solvency (C6), Countercyclical buffers (C9.4) and Prudential Valuation (C32).
- Co-ordinate/project manage the quarterly MREL reporting process. Liaising with Line of business to obtain data and sign offs prior to submission.
- Focus on control environment and monitoring, driving process efficiency
- Support and deliver strategic projects to improve and broaden the regulatory reporting infrastructure
- Provide support for ad hoc queries/reports when required by management, auditors or regulators.
- Partner with Regulatory Policy in the interpretation of regulatory rules
- Partner with other Finance areas to ensure adherence to the firm’s regulatory obligations (e.g. ICAAP, 10Q reporting)
This role offers good career prospects within the regulatory group and there is the possibility of mobility to other areas within JP Morgan after two years.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to critically review and challenge numbers / strong analytical skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Proactive and self-starting individual with high levels of ownership
- Degree qualification and either accountancy qualification or qualification by experience within Financial Services industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of improving processes and controls
- Familiarity with current regulatory rules (CRD4) and reporting requirements (COREP)
- Working knowledge of investment banking products including derivatives / financing transactions
- Working knowledge of banking products (deposits, loans, credit facilities)
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.