Reporting to the Head of HR Services the HR Coordinator is responsible for working collaboratively with the HR team to ensure the delivery of a professional, proactive, efficient and high-quality customer-focussed HR service to the organisation. The role entails providing generalist administrative support across the HR function, with a specific focus on HR operations.
Provide reliable and efficient HR administrative and coordination support, ensuring timescales are met and support is given in an efficient and customer focused manner. This includes:
- Processing employee changes, including preparing correspondence and updating the HR system. This comprises areas such as the onboarding and leaver processes, probation, payroll, changes to employee’s terms and conditions. This will require working closely with the Reward and Benefits Adviser to ensure that all changes affecting pay are processed correct
- Managing the HR helpdesk portal to ensure all queries are responded to in a timely and efficient manner, referring queries where necessary to the appropriate member of the HR team and following up to ensure satisfactory completion
- Maintaining the HR information system; creating new user logins and ensuring all data is kept up to date and accurately maintained so the system can provide correct point in time information
- Preparing regular and ad hoc reports which provide accurate and consistent insight into people metrics
- Providing first line support to any HR system queries and to promote its use across the business
- Proactively review electronic filing, ensuring documents and files are kept up-to-date, GDPR compliant and are easily identified on the shared drive and archived when appropriate
- Supporting with payroll, benefits and pensions administrative tasks – including payslip e-mail resets, collation of new joiner information, liaison of pensions clinics, benefits renewal campaign support
- To provide support and be able to act as cover for the Reward & Benefits Adviser, to ensure that the payroll processed are completed on time each month
- Supporting the wider HR team on annual organisation wide activities (e.g. Performance development reviews, employee opinion survey and salary review)
- Developing and improving HR processes to ensure we are able to provide an excellent standard of HR support. This will include working with the Head of HR Services to develop the HR system
- Proactively collaborating with the wider HR team to develop and implement changes to working practices which ensure an improved and smooth running of the HR function and its customer service
- In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties from time to time.
Knowledge and experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- Previous administrative experience
- Very strong organisational skills
- Experience in an administration/coordination role
- Good standard of IT knowledge, Word and PowerPoint, Excel
- Must be fully aware of the sensitivity and confidentiality of the function and act upon it.
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- Collaborative– Listening, seeking views and sharing information; constructively challenging when appropriate.
- Taking ownership– Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy.
- Agile– Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; responding positively to shifting priorities.
- Commercial– Awareness of the wider business environment.
- Innovative– Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”
- Analytical– gathering information and using logic to analyse, problem solve, evaluate risk and make decisions
Equal opportunity employer
Our aim is to create prosperity for all. To do that well, we need a workforce that is more representative of the businesses we serve.
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more innovative work environment that delivers better results. To support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas, we’ve encouraged the creation of a variety of Employee Resource Groups - Women, LGBT+, BAME and Working Families.
We recognise the many benefits flexible working can bring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking and will accommodate where possible.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org 'HR Administrator and Coordinator' as the subject.