|Job Type:||Full Time|
The world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients.
Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability.
Entity and activity description
Our portfolio of products and services is broad enough to meet the very different requirements of just about every branch of industry, engineering, science and technology. Our technical specialists work with customers to improve the efficiency of existing processes, meet customers' new technological needs and develop applications to meet specific process requirements. 'As part of the Air Liquide Group, the worlds leading producers and suppliers of industrial and medical gases and related services, Air Liquide UK Limited has the capacity to apply global resources and expertise to local market needs.
Air Liquide UK is your single source of expertise for a vast range of technologies and applications geared to providing innovative solutions that help to ensure our customers are successful in their markets. Air Liquide UK is committed to ensuring that the customer obtains the very best and most cost-effective return from the use of our products and services.
In today's competitive and constantly changing business and technological environments, it is the added value provided by suppliers that can make the vital difference. Added value in terms of technical support, service, flexibility, reliability and of efficiency improving ancillary services are key factors which Air Liquide UK delivers to its customer base.
Missions and Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for a Service Engineer to join us at our Energas site based in Cambridge. You will be responsible for testing, repairing or modifying electrical and welding equipment and circuitry in industrial or commercial premises or in-house.
- Conform to the Company Safety, Health and Environment Policy at all times.
- Service and repair plant machinery and associated products in house or on site.
- Carry out repairs and complete associated paperwork in accordance with the Company’s Codes of Practice and its BS EN ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System.
- Provide excellent customer service by operating a swift response time to call-outs and carrying out work to a high standard.
- Carry out regular electrical checks on calibration equipment to ensure products are working within set parameters.
- Ensure that there are sufficient parts in the workshop to effect repairs on all equipment.
- Attend training when required to keep abreast of new technologies and working practices.
- Complete daily work sheet and pass to Branch Manager.
- Maintain the workshop in a clean and tidy condition.
- Keep the company vehicle in a clean and tidy condition and report any damage immediately to line manager.
Competencies and Profile
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.