|Job Type:||Full Time|
The role of Product Development is to partner with the broader team to set the strategic direction of the traditional fund services business, develop new products for the business and improve processes to deliver reduced risk and improved scalability. The ideal candidate is an energetic strategic thinker - a problem solver who can define, develop, deliver solutions that enhance process improvement, client satisfaction, support sustainable business growth.
They should also be resourceful and execution-driven. Will be exposed to cross-functional/business collaboration working across multiple teams within the bank. Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and verbal communication skills are a must. Also important are the ability to synthesize large amounts of information into crisp results.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
As a Product Developer you will work with other Investor Services teams, clients, internal business partners, external vendors and industry forums to manage, support and grow our product offerings. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
Serve as EMEA product owner/solutions architect for the optimisation of existing financial reporting offering.
Participate in complex change programs in Fund services – those with significant scale, complexity & budget
Apply critical thinking to understand requirements; identify, evaluate and propose solutions where necessary developing and supporting sustainable effective processes with appropriate control mechanisms
Drive requirements gathering, definition and the documentation of requirements to the required quality level
Construct/Design/Implement and maintain the proper governance structure based upon each individual program challenging the current processes and organization to effect changes that improve profitability, controls and market positioning
Drive program work streams across multiple functions areas, including technology and operations at all levels to successful completion. Contribute to the investment by ensuring partners are held accountable and keep development aligned to strategic plan
Provide verbal and written status updates as required by to support senior management with timely and accurate maintenance and archiving of program artefacts
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of existing product capabilities and designing innovative solutions to new opportunities to build a scalable, efficient market leading service offering.
The successful candidate will have experience of financial reporting with additional depth of understanding of the marketplace, either through working in a similar product development role, or in an operations or client facing role on the servicing side.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills:
- Deep financial reporting knowledge base in particular Lux, Irish GAAP and UK SORP
- Able to understand a diverse and complex technology and operations infrastructure
- Ability to devise creative solutions in response to client requests and strategic product goals
- Ability to map proposed product solutions against a diverse and complex technology and operations platform
- Strong analytical skills, able to translate complex issues and other input into actions
- Program management experience (3+ years) with experience with both Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
- Strong execution skills - the role requires strategic thinking to define and design our service platform – combined with accountability and strong execution skills to drive and implement development.
- Strong team player with an ability to pull together multiple partners in a productive virtual team environment
- Strong independent contributor who is comfortable working in a self-directed mode on multiple assignments
- Ability to self prepare quality materials and present confidently in multiple settings
Security Services Experience - the successful candidate will have Security Services experience from a background in operations, client service, product development, fund accounting or custody. Candidates should only apply if they meet these criteria.
- In-depth practical understanding of financial reporting in onshore and offshore locations
- Strong written and presentation skills, ability to represent JPMorgan at industry forums
- Chartered accountant or in pursuit or an recognized professional qualification
- Willing to constructively challenge where required and work collaboratively with partners
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Visio and Project
- Ideally knowledge of various financial report writers
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Securities Services combines Financing & Prime Brokerage, Custody & Fund Services, and Clearing, Collateral Management and Execution under a common umbrella. These businesses occupy top-tier competitive positions; the combination provides an expanded, integrated and best-in-class suite of end-to end capabilities. Investor Services employs more than 14,000 people around the world and generates more than $6 Billion in annual revenue.
J.P. Morgan Fund Services provides fund accounting and fund administration services to asset managers for pooled vehicles across multiple jurisdictions across the globe. Fund Services at J.P. Morgan is one of the largest providers in the industry and a leader in providing services to complex fund structures including liquid alternatives and servicing complex asset classes. Today, we have over $1.1 trillion in assets under administration and over 1,700 portfolios.