A vacancy has arisen for an Interim Shift Manager within the Port Operations Department at Freightliner Crewe, Cheshire.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate of this safety critical and demanding role will have an excellent knowledge of port operations, be able to demonstrate excellent leadership qualities, coupled with the ability to prioritise the workload.
- To effectively manage the execution of terminal traffic and handling operations.
- To manage, organise and participate in traffic office activities.
- Fully understand the daily train plan.
- Ensure that commercial specifications are achieved daily.
- Assist the Port Operations Manager with the implementation and policing of safety.
- Ensure that all staff carry out their duties in compliance with company standards.
- Carry out safety briefings, new or revised procedures and general information.
- Carry out investigations of accidents, incidents and non-conformances.
- Compile reports on service failures, emergencies and complaints.
- A proven ability to lead, manage, organise and prioritise.
- A sound knowledge of port and rail operating procedures, rules and regulations.
- A sound knowledge of port and rail traffic office procedures.
- General knowledge of the rail network, health and safety legislation.
The role of Interim Shift Manager demands a flexible and responsible approach, with a willingness to undertake further training when required.
Freightliner, Crewe, operates a 24-hour roster shift system which includes weekend and night working.
The Interim Shift Manager role is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and background checks.
- A competitive salary
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Generous leave entitlement
- Generous employee benefits package, including attractive corporate discounts.
- Training and development opportunities
We fully support a healthy work/life balance and have a free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme to promote well-being.