A vacancy has arisen for a Corporate Communications Executive, to join the Corporate Communications team based in G&W’s (Freightliner & Pentalver) UK Headquarters in London.
The role holder will provide a professional, comprehensive and effective internal and external communications support to the Head of Corporate Communications. There are also many opportunities to get involved with the predominately ‘business to business’ PR and marketing activities.
You should be a a dynamic, creative, IT literate and flexible individual with advanced design skills. This role offers an excellent opportunity to gain experience and develop a range of communication skills within a busy department.
- Design creative Freightliner and Pentalver advertisements, newsletters, graphics etc. in line with Company corporate branding guidelines/requirements
- Write content for internal publications including staff magazine, internal Hotliner messages as well as external editorials and press releases
- Support recruitment advertising via online website, social media, external advertising and explore other avenues in line with requirements
- Proactively manage, monitor and update all Freightliner, Pentalver and G&W UK social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Vimeo, Instagram etc.)
- Develop/review company presentations in line with corporate guidelines
- Maintain, develop and monitor Freightliner and Pentalver Internal & External websites and electronic screens – updating content in line with G&W and local requirements
- Maintain monthly Internal & External website statistics
- Assist the Head of Corporate Communications with organising employee and stakeholder events
- Liaise with suppliers for bespoke G&W corporate merchandise, corporate events/gifts and Freightliner’s eBay store
- Monitor the Press Office and Information e-mails account daily, researching and responding to any queries where necessary
- Manage press cuttings/business intelligence daily reports
- Manage finance administration for the department including raising purchase orders, processing invoices and credit card logs & managing press subscriptions
- Manage the Freightliner eBay store, updating stock and processing orders
- Strong creative design skills essential (Adobe Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) to produce artwork for marketing brochures, posters, advertisements etc.
- IT literate – usual Microsoft applications (Word/excel/acrobat/photo editor) with emphasis on PowerPoint for Exec and Senior Management presentations
- Knowledge of WordPress content management system preferable (for external website) and ability to quickly learn other systems (Great Plains (finance), Plaza (media monitoring). Training will be provided.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads and multi-task in line with tight deadlines
- Ability to interpret complicated data/information into informative, user-friendly visual formats
- Fully competent with social media platforms – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
- Ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships at all levels
The successful applicant should be a motivated self-starter ambitious to succeed in a fast-paced and dynamic communications and marketing environment.
The Corporate Communications Executive role is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and background checks.
- A competitive salary
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Generous leave entitlement
- Generous employee benefits package, including attractive corporate discounts.
- Training and development opportunities
We fully support a healthy work/life balance and have a free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme to promote well-being.