|Job Type:||Full Time|
The FastTrack for Azure (FTA) team provides direct assistance from Microsoft engineers to help customers design, develop and build Azure solutions quickly and confidently. We're expanding with a net new team dedicated to Independent Software Vendors (ISVs). This team will accelerate an ISV's ability to build applications leveraging Microsoft's cloud, and publish to our customer-facing marketplaces. The team will include Engineers and Program Managers worldwide, all with a passion for making ISVs successful and advancing Microsoft's cloud first strategy. Engagements will support a diverse range of ISVs from startups, to our largest managed partners. As part of our leadership for this new team, we are looking for a strong player/coach to lead a group of Customer Engineers.
As a Customer Engineering Lead you will manage a group of Senior Customer Engineers to directly engage ISVs and translate their business requirements into secure, scalable and reliable solutions. You'll work across a range of scenarios including new cloud-native apps, single-tenant apps transforming into a multi-tenancy, and apps migrating from on premises or competitive clouds.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Build a diverse team to oversee the ISV journey in onboarding to Azure and to our customer-facing marketplace(s)
- Create an inclusive work environment where every employee can contribute, and be part of a team driving ISV success
- Provide ongoing feedback to help direct reports improve performance, develops skills and support their career aspirations
- Translate business goals into technical needs with knowledge of ISV and subscription-based business models
- Interact daily across your team to provide technical action plans or take ownership of escalations
- Partner with various Azure Engineering domain experts to scope and build modules, tools and proof of concepts
- Take initiative and lead in a fast-paced environment, while balancing multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Share knowledge through solution documents, technical communities, self-help solutions and training
- Stay current on latest Azure/Cloud innovations, and act as a subject matter trainer for other engineers
- Partner with Engineering subject matter experts to scope and build ISV facing content, modules, tools and proof of concepts
A successful candidate will draw from many of the following desired skills:
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager of diverse and inclusive teams with strong people development skills
- 5+ years working on Azure specific solutions and infrastructure, including experience in two or more of the core Azure development technologies (Modern Framework/Stack Development, Modern Cloud Architecture, Methodologies & Tooling, or Data Access Technologies)
- 3+ years cloud software industry experience
- Experience and knowledge of cloud development and deployment tools (PowerShell, Visual Studio, .NET, AzureCLI)
- Consulting and/or Delivery experience
- Real day-to-day startup and/or ISV facing experience and empathy
- Track record of problem solving from conceptualization to implementation
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to handle sensitive situations involving critical and politically charged partner situations, to lead projects and to motivate others
- An analytical mindset, with a systemic approach to measuring success
- Results driven and adaptable; thrives in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Interest in contributing to a diverse and inclusive team; demonstrated ability to have fun
We are looking forward to meeting you. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.