|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Data Platform Cloud Solution Architect you will drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Data Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field. As a solution architect you will work with your assigned customers providing end-to-end technical guidance and expertise on the Microsoft Data Platform (on-premises and Azure). You will own the Data Platform technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment. With your help, our customers will drive greater business value from our broad data platform capabilities.
You will drive the deployment of customer workloads onto SQL Server and Azure Data Services to increase their consumption of the Microsoft Data Platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers, cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers. You will develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term data platform adoption within their company. You will also identify, validate and grow opportunities to accelerate deployment and consumption in your assigned customer accounts, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for both Microsoft and 3rd party solutions. You will lead deployment of projects, creation of collateral, and training of sellers and partners in your area of specialization.
You will maintain your technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights. You will work within your team to coach other technical sellers to become certified in the required Data Platform technical certifications.
- Deep understanding of data platform technologies, upgrading to modern SQL Server releases, migrating to Azure, migrating competitive databases to SQL Server, Cortana Intelligence, Microsoft BI technologies, and emerging computing trends.
- Deep understanding in both traditional and modern data architecture and processing concepts, including relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), Data warehousing, big data, noSQL, and business analytics.
- A superior knowledge and demonstrated technical proficiency in SQL Server 2012+ with solid understanding of standard computer and networking concepts, and Internet fundamentals, is required.
- Experience of MPP (Massively Parallel Processing) databases, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Understanding of the Logical and physical data layer construction/architecture
- Experience in some of the following technologies is desirable: Microsoft Analysis Services Tabular, Microsoft Analysis Services Multidimensional, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft Analytics Platform System, Azure SQL Database, Azure CosmosDB, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure HD Insight, Power BI, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Machine Learning, Azure Devops.
Expertise - we're looking for a proven track record of the following:-
- Building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing data platform share in large or highly strategic accounts
- Driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- Success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
- Architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of complex application architectures (i.e. having an architectural sense for connecting data sources, data visualization, structured and unstructured data, etc.)
In addition we would expect that the successful candidate has:-
- Leadership experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a corporate environment, technology vendor and/or services company.
- Strong thought leadership, visioning and influencing skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.