|Job Type:||Full Time|
The position is within the Capital Reporting Regulatory department of Finance. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls.
The regulatory finance department is a high profile function, providing financial information to the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”), Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) and the Bank of England, as well as producing financial information for submission to the German regulator.
The core responsibilities of the Capital Reporting Group are:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and biannual returns for the following solo regulated entities and their associated UK consolidation groups: JPMorgan Securities Plc, JP Morgan Europe Limited, JPMorgan Markets Limited, JPMorgan AG
- Daily monitoring and preparation of capital adequacy and large exposures reports for the above entities
- Interpretation of the Regulatory rules which forms the basis of PRA reporting and providing regulatory guidance to the business
- Partnership and supporting other Finance areas with their reporting requirements (e.g. recovery and resolution, ICAAP)
The Regulatory function within the UK EMEA space is changing rapidly to accommodate both internal and external drivers of change: for example through greater business engagement, legal entity strategy and implementation of regulatory/methodology change.
We are looking for a candidate for a role within the Credit Risk team within the Capital Reporting Group. A successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Input into to the production of the quarterly credit risk, CVA, and large exposures reporting requirements including a critical review of the following COREP templates: C.7, C.9, C.25 (within COR001) and C.27-C.31 (within COR002)
- Analysis and challenge on regulatory capital drivers and key variances
- Focus on control environment and monitoring / driving process efficiency - including continual challenge of operating model
- Support for the production of credit risk elements within daily monitoring process for both capital solvency and large exposure inputs
- Involvement in projects and policy matters that impact the legal entity and the financial reporting function.
- Provide ad hoc MIS reporting and analytics when required by management.
- Developing network and acting as a contact within the Reg team for other areas of Finance and the Business
This role offers good career prospects within the regulatory group and there is the possibility of mobility to other areas within JP Morgan after two years.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Focused on execution skills and the ability to deliver results even through challenges
- Ability to critically review and challenge numbers / strong analytical skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Familiarity with current regulatory rules (CRD4) and reporting requirements (COREP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint
- Degree qualification and either accountancy qualification or qualification by experience within Financial Services industry
- Good understanding of investment banking products including derivatives / financing transactions
- Knowledge of banking products (deposits, loans, credit facilities)
Start date: immediately.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.