|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the employer
Aggregate Industries, part of the global LafargeHolcim Group, is a leading supplier of sustainable construction materials to building and construction customers. With over 4,000 employees across the UK and Northern Europe, we’re committed to helping create a better built environment.
Some of our previous and current major projects within the UK include; Birmingham International Airport, The Kelpies (Scotland), M1 Widening (J25 - J28), The Shard (London), Battersea Power Plant (London).
We offer a 3 year tailored Plant Maintenance and Operations Apprenticeship; this will give apprentices an opportunity to learn how to maintain and operate plant equipment and machinery to become the Team Leaders of the future.
Do you have a desire to work in a technical role and enjoy ‘learning by doing’; this could be the Apprenticeship for you! You will gain a BTEC Level 3 and NVQ Level 3 Diploma whilst acquiring real work experience and career prospects in the construction industry.
Paid hours per week: 40
Expected duration 4 Years
Aggregate Industries Plant Maintenance and Operations Apprenticeship offers a great opportunity to develop an understanding of servicing techniques and procedures, basic electrics, braking systems, fuels/lubricants and consumables.
You will learn how to :
- Operate Plant for Non-Operational Activities
- Diagnose Faults in Systems or Components
- Determine and Complete Servicing to Maintain Plant/Machinery
- Over the apprenticeship you will understand bench fitting, engineering skills and develop strong functional and operating procedures
During the Apprenticeship you will complete an NVQ in Construction Plant/ Machinery Maintenance but the learning doesn’t stop there. Throughout the apprenticeship you are given the opportunity to expand your skill set by attending various courses organised by the Company’s central Learning and Development Team.
Whilst on site you will be given a tailored training plan to work through and are supported by both your allocated Mentor and your Manager. On a day to day basis you will be given greater exposure to your division and the roles of your team members. Our overarching Company value is Health and Safety and to assist you in understanding the underlying concepts of this value, we require our apprentices to complete an NVQ Level 4 in Health, Safety and Environment.
As an employer we are fully committed to developing young people through our business. We currently have over 150 apprentices and graduates, working towards their ultimate career goals and achieving great success.
We recruit from a range of academic disciplines and have particular interest in technically orientated and business related subjects.
- Good standard of English Language and numerical skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to create innovative solutions to problems that may arise on a daily basis
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team using own initiative
Desired personal qualities:
- Positive work ethic and proactive approach to development
- Drive and determination to succeed
- Willingness to work across the UK if required
Things to consider (optional)
After completion of the 4 year Plant Maintenance and Operations Apprenticeship, there are a number of options you may choose to pursue including:
- A career in an Operational Team Leader role.
- Or, given the size and scope of our Company, an exciting career in another division/department.