|Location:||Cheshire West and Chester|
M&S Customer Adviser Apprenticeship, Contact Centre (0000E4NR)
Competitive salary and attractive benefits package
At M&S Bank, we’re enhancing life every day for our customers, and we’re looking for a dedicated Contact Centre Apprentice to make it happen!
This isn’t your average service role nor is M&S your average bank – our business is designed around you and our valued customers, and is built on inspiration, innovation, being in touch and above all integrity.
Our contact centre is the heart of our business, providing critical first point of contact for all our customers.
As an Apprentice, you will be responsible for a wide variety of activity from the start; from setting up a new current account, to dealing with lost and stolen credit cards, delivering the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
An Apprenticeship with M&S Banking
This starts with a comprehensive six-week training programme, where you’ll learn all about going above and beyond for our customers
You will work towards and complete a nationally recognised vocational qualification in Senior Financial Customer Service Advisor
You will gain Certificate in Retail Banking & Conduct of Business (Cert RBCB) from LIBF
The Scheme has no prescribed timescale for completion as we recognise people learn at different speeds; however, the average time to complete an Apprenticeship is between 14 - 18 months.The minimum duration of the programme is 12 months
You will also…
Gain the opportunity to study more widely about the place of work and customer service, better equipping you for future roles whilst also earning a full time salary
Gain satisfaction and self-confidence from the knowledge your capabilities have been successfully assessed against an established national framework
Gain the necessary foundation in skills and knowledge that will allow you to progress your career and make the most of the further opportunities open to you.
Access our rewards package which is an individually tailored benefit scheme, allowing you to select the benefits that are right for you. Options include a market leading pension scheme, five weeks’ holiday, and the option to buy five extra days – as well as a 20% M&S discount.
What will you do as a Customer Adviser Apprentice?
- Provide exceptional service through phone interactions with customers, focus on resolving queries with an efficient, accurate, professional and courteous manner to create brand loyalty
- Take maximum opportunity to enhance customer experience and exceed expectations
- Build meaningful relationships with customers through conversations, incorporating needs analysis, building rapport and offering relevant solutions
- Maintain and update relevant customer account details using appropriate systems for M&S Bank products
- Understand and operate within regulatory requirements e.g. Data Protection, Money Laundering, FCA etc.
- Translate credit policies to customers ensuring transparency and clear understanding
Are you our next Apprentice?
We ask for your commitment to develop and learn, and to be willing to devote some of your own time to complete the Apprenticeship Programme through to the end
Whilst working, you will be collating evidence of learning, be observed and receive feedback from a dedicated Talent Coach. This is averaged over a 14 - 18 month period and includes completing ‘sign-up’ & functional skills assessments, as well as time to take examinations.
- Work a total of 35 hours per week between the hours of 8am and 10pm, Monday to Sunday.
- Have a flexible approach to working shift patterns to support the bank in delivering a comfortable and flexible banking service to our customers.