M&S Banking Assistant Apprenticeship (0000E4KD)
£18,000 per year and attractive benefits package
Location: Meadowhall (Sheffield)
At M&S Bank, we’re enhancing life every day for our customers, and we’re looking for a dedicated customer service Apprentice to make it happen!
This isn’t your average service role – we’ll look to you to show a genuine passion for excellence in everything you do. That means building real relationships with our customers and only delivering the products and services that are truly tailored to their ambitions.
As an Apprentice, you can expect plenty of opportunities to diversify and develop your skills, in a culture that recognises success and rewards achievement.
An Apprenticeship with M&S Banking
This starts with a dedicated five-week training programme, where you’ll learn all about going above and beyond for our customers
You will work towards and complete a nationally recognised vocational qualification in Providing Financial Services
You will gain Certificate in Business Banking & Conduct (Cert BB&C®)
You will gain a Certificate in Retail Banking Conduct of Business (CertRBCB®)
The Scheme has no prescribed timescale for completion as we recognise people learn at different speeds; however the average time to complete an Apprenticeship is between 14 - 18 months.
You will also…
Gain the opportunity to study more widely about the place of work and customer service, better equipping you for future roles whilst also earning a full time salary
Gain satisfaction and self-confidence from the knowledge your capabilities have been successfully assessed against an established national framework
Gain the necessary foundation in skills and knowledge that will allow you to progress your career and make the most of the further opportunities open to you.
Access our rewards package which is an individually tailored benefit scheme, allowing you to select the benefits that are right for you. Options include a market leading pension scheme, five weeks’ holiday, and the option to buy five extra days – as well as a 20% M&S discount.
What will you do as a Banking Assistant Apprentice?
- Develop meaningful relationships, focusing on service quality to provide expert banking advice and solutions that are right for our customers– every time. You will have Performance Expectations to help and support your interactions.
- Use your initiative to engage customers in other areas of the store to consider how we can help them achieve their ambitions
- Constantly identify ways to make banking simpler, and speaking your mind to make them happen
- Build your expertise, working with a diverse network of colleagues to support your growth.
Are you our next Apprentice?
- We ask for your commitment to develop and learn, and to be willing to devote some of your own time to complete the Apprenticeship programme through to the end
Whilst working, you will be collating evidence of learning, be observed and receive feedback from a dedicated Talent Coach. This is averaged over a 14 - 18 month period and includes completing ‘sign-up’ & functional skills assessments, as well as time to take examinations.
Be willing to work on a full-time rota to include weekends, evenings and bank holidays to mirror the store's opening hours