|Location:||City of Bristol, Glasgow City, South Yorkshire, Surrey, West Yorkshire|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Technical Author/Technical Document Writer to join our team on a 6-month fixed term contract!
The location for this position is flexible (Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds or Sheffield), but please be aware that there is a high degree of travel/living away potentially.
As a Technical Author you will create work instruction documentation which will be used to drive efficiency and standardisation of fleet maintenance within First Bus. This will be achieved through a combination of shadowing maintenance engineers to identify key process steps of common tasks, combined with referral to manufacturer guidance and company policies.
- The working hours will be 37.5 per week.
- This role requires extensive travel.
- The salary is £35,000 per annum.
- This is a 6 month fixed term contract
What will you be doing?
- Identify and initiate a technical publications library of business critical maintenance tasks.
- Accountable and responsible for the production and processing of complex batch documentation according to standard timelines,
- Creation of single work instructions containing key information such as standardise times, part numbers, torque values, tooling and any safety equipment/requirements.
- To coordinate and direct the review and the approval of documentation through liaising with technical colleagues prior to publication
- Manage the relevancy and updating of documentation based on feedback as part of continuous improvement approach.
- Creation and maintenance of document Library on Microsoft SharePoint
- Monitor and report progress of document creation.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required
- Technical background, experience with front line vehicle maintenance such HGV/PCV desirable but not essential.
- Well organised, highly motivated and results-driven with a strong ability to get into the detail when necessary
- Positive and flexible attitude with experience working to deadlines
- IT literate with experienced with Microsoft applications such as Word/Excel and SharePoint (not essential)
- Strong advocate of Health and Safety
- Good English skills (Written and Spoken)
- Previous experience as a technical writer would be an advantage, or previous experience in producing technical documentation within a transport/automotive environment
- Have high attention to detail and be a proven problem solver.
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go. Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
We want the best managers to join our team. So, we'll look after you with great training and opportunities to grow your career. Looking for a career packed full of variety? Excited by the opportunity? Then start a new journey and apply!
Interested? Click on apply and fill in an application form!