|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Provide strategic direction and leadership on all property related project management activities.
- Support on the ongoing development of the Property Project Management overarching Governance structure and alignment with Group Property Project PMO Methodology.
- Ensure all construction projects within your portfolio are designed, procured and managed to best practice and to achieve best value.
- Ensure the portfolio of projects are delivered within budget, to programme and to Group Property governance procedures.
- Lead, through both dotted and direct line management an effective organisation staffed by appropriately skilled and qualified Project, Assistant Project and Construction Managers all with clear remits, objectives and processes that comply with internal Group policy.
- Deliver effective, structured management of the team of direct and dotted line workstream reports supported by appropriate management processes, leading by example in regular team meetings, one to ones, objective setting and performance appraisals.
- Develop and manage the Portfolio Cost reporting and monitoring process to ensure that the individual projects are delivered within the approved CAPEX and the overall Portfolio of projects are delivered and managed to commercial expectations. In the event of inconsistencies due to unforeseen events, report such matters to the Head of Projects & Steering Group team with appropriate mitigations and clear strategies to address.
- Support the Head of Project Programming with the ongoing development and management of the Portfolio Level 1 reporting and ensure Project Managers maintain effective Level 2 Project Programmes/Schedules to feed this master Programme.
- Ensure the Project Management team have adequate project monitoring controls in place to manage and monitor the construction phase and take necessary action to ensure that the Projects will be completed within the cost and programmed completion date.
- Ensure that the Property Consultant Team are procured to Group Property requirements and that all appointments have executed Contracts in place.
- Monitor that the Consultant team observe the provisions of their appointments including cost control procedures and the change authorisation procedure. On behalf of the Client, receive the consultant financial statements and submissions and submit to the Finance team for payment.
- Ensure that the Project Construction Phases are procured and managed in accordance with Industry Construction Contract management processes (JCT, NEC etc). Also ensure that the Employers Rep/Contract Administrators adhere to the certification and payment process to comply with the Construction Act requirements.
- Ensure project delivery in terms of quality and performance including all necessary backup documents (e.g. warranties, H&S files, etc)
- Maintain a schedule of Consultant and Contractor Project Performance to allow the Head of Projects to monitor the across the full portfolio.
- Manage the preparation and submission of the relevant Project Reporting products (Scorecards/PoPs etc) for the portfolio and ensure all Products are delivered to meet schedule and quality standards for Property and Operating Companies PMO requirements.
- Attend weekly, monthly and quarterly meeting and embrace Group Property policies and procedures
- Work closely with TOC/Opco and Group Procurement Team's to ensure Project management related contracts are efficiently procured and managed with appropriate levels of service and quality in place.
- Build effective professional relationships at senior level within relevant TOC/OpCo's that ensure these key internal customers are fully engaged in and support delivery of the Project management strategies through timely decision making and provision of resources when required.
- Manage the interface of the Project Management Strategy and Methodology with TOC/OpCo Customer Service Propositions to realise full industry benefit.
- Manage the relationship with other industry stakeholders regards property project management.
- Maintenance of your own continued professional development in order to effectively maintain Person Specification requirements and support the team with their ongoing professional development.
- Property Senior Project Manager with at least 15 year experience of property portfolio management.
- Relevant construction related Degree or Diploma
- Chartered Member of relevant Professional Institute (MCIOB, RICS)
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to ensure adequate liaison with all levels of the business that will assist in delivering aspirations fairly and effectively.
- Preferable PRINCE2 Practioner (Current)
Key Safety Responsibilities
- Responsible for the health, safety, security, welfare and fire safety arrangements of your direct reports including regular safety briefings and training as necessary.
- Ensure that all Projects within the portfolio are delivered in accordance with CDM requirements
- Responsibility for ensuring all contracts are being operated in accordance with all relevant health and safety legislation
- Setting safety objectives for, and monitoring safety performance of your staff. These will be in support of the Company's Safety Plan.
- Ensuring all hazards, unusual occurrences, unsafe practices and safety accidents / incidents are reported and corrective action is taken.
- Ensure your personal safety and that of others at all times.
- Ensure messages concerning safety are properly communicated to and understood by all concerned. Participate in safety briefings and meetings.
- Ensure that the outsourced property contracts are effectively managed and all safety targets are met.
Compliance with relevant UK Group safety, environment standards and legislation in this area.
Key Leadership and People Management
Develop & implement appropriate strategies that support the corporate goals of Group Property.
Display a leadership style and set of behaviours that motivates and contributes to the development of a positive leadership culture within the business.
Always work in a cross functional manner as is necessary to meet local & corporate goals.
Proactively use the knowledge and skills gained through management development & feedback mechanisms to support your own continuous learning and improved job performance.