|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Support the business in delivering the property projects portfolio in accordance with the Group Governance and Third Party funding commitments.
- Support on the development of the project management governance structure to align with Group Property and TOC/OPCO PMO Methodology.
- Support the Property Project Managers throughout the lifecycle of projects to ensure a smooth transition into the Design and Delivery stages
- Support on ensuring all property projects are designed, procured and effectively managed and delivered within budget, programme and to FG Property governance procedures.
- Support the Project Manager on the management of the internal business appropriate Workstream leaders to ensure the projects outputs deliver to business requirements.
- Manage individual Project cost monitoring processes in order to ensure that the overall project budget remains within the approved CAPEX.
- Prepare and submit relevant Project Reporting products (Project PoP/ScoreCards etc) to meet relevant PMO quality criteria to support the Property Project Manager.
- Attend weekly, monthly and quarterly meeting and embrace Group Property policies and procedures
- Assist with assessing and scheduling work in progress including developing and ongoing managing project MSP programme schedules.
- Where required manage external project consultants and direct contractors to ensure delivery of each project where the APM is directly managing.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure that the Property Consultant Team are procured to Group Property requirements and that all appointments have executed Contracts in place.
- Monitor that the Consultant team observe the provisions of their appointments including cost control procedures and the change authorisation procedure.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure that the Project Construction Phases are procured and managed in accordance with Industry Construction Contract management processes (JCT, NEC etc).
- Support project delivery in terms of quality and performance including all necessary backup documents (e.g. warranties, H&S files, etc)
- Manage the preparation and submission of the relevant Project Reporting products (Scorecards/PoPs etc) for the portfolio and ensure all Products are delivered to meet schedule and quality standards for Property and Operating Companies PMO requirements.
- Attend weekly, monthly and quarterly meeting and embrace Group Property policies and procedures.
- Work closely with TOC/Opco and Group Procurement Team's to support Project management related contracts are efficiently procured with appropriate levels of service and quality in place.
- Build effective professional relationships at within relevant TOC's that ensure these key internal customers are fully engaged in and support delivery of the Project management strategies through timely decision making and provision of resources when required.
- Where required manage the relationship with other industry stakeholders regards property project management including Network Rail.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills both written and oral
- Proficient in various IT systems including MS Project and Excel.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines,
- Analytical and logical thinker
- Excellent commercial awareness with Railway industry experience of benefit where required
- Good team player who has a flexible attitude to their work environment.
- Relevant Property qualification (Degree/Diploma) and willing to work towards formal Professional Chartership
- PRINCE 2 / Association of PM (APM) qualification beneficial
Key Safety Responsibilities
- Support the Project Manager to ensure that all Projects within the portfolio are delivered in accordance with CDM requirements.
- Ensuring all hazards, unusual occurrences, unsafe practices and safety accidents / incidents are reported and corrective action is taken.
- Ensure your personal safety and that of others at all times.
- Ensure that the outsourced property contracts are effectively managed and all safety targets are met.
Compliance with relevant Group safety, environment standards and legislation in this area.
Key Leadership and People Management
Support appropriate strategies that support the corporate goals of Group Property
Always work in a cross functional manner as is necessary to meet local & corporate goals.
Proactively use the knowledge and skills gained through management development & feedback mechanisms to support your own continuous learning and improved job performance.