|Job Type:||Full Time|
Support Engineering Manager – Microsoft Azure Rapid Response
Azure is one of the most exciting businesses to be part of at Microsoft today. Not only is Azure one of the fastest growing services at Microsoft, it is also highly strategic and a key pillar in Microsoft’s overall Devices and Services strategy.
If you love talking to and learning from customers, and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, and motivating and rewarding people, we want to talk to you. We are looking for an intellectually curious, customer-obsessed Support Engineering Manager. We are looking for someone who is a lifetime learner and has a demonstrated track record in building teams through effective and strong leadership, who has empowered people to help customers succeed.
As one of the largest service and support networks in the industry, Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) helps more than one billion customers around the world each year.
As a member of our team, you will be in the forefront of the Microsoft technologies with interactions across the full spectrum of our products and services, on premise and in the cloud.
You will be surrounded by people that are insatiably curious and always learning, obsessed about our customers, and who believe that world class support is critical to customer success. You will be part of a diverse team in an inclusive environment, where all opinions are valued.
You will represent Microsoft to our customers and will work directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience.
You will act as the voice of the customer to internal audiences such as the Microsoft Engineering Group, leveraging the culture of customer obsession at Microsoft to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision, and our every action.
1. Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
2. Continuous learning Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
3. Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams, and encourage new hires to feel included.
4. One Microsoft - we need to collaborate and learn to value the work of others, be willing to take their learnings and add them to our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
5. Making a difference - drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve your day to day responsibilities and the connections between your work and others.
- Attract, recruit and retain the right talent with the focus to create an industry-leading service delivery team, build diverse and inclusive teams, enable an environment in which people can do their best work, and identify/develop future successors and team members. Demonstrate subject matter expertise in management/leadership/innovation within Microsoft Cloud Strategy.
- Manage and lead a team of Support Engineers and Support Escalation Engineers, with focus on team performance.
- Regularly meet one-on-one with your direct reports, and conduct employee connects and career development discussions along the year.
- Provide feedback on an ongoing basis and coach engineers on improving communication skills, technical ability and speed of customer and internal deliverables.
- Ensure your direct reports develop their professional skills through active participation in delivery events, training, mentoring and communities.
- Focus on customer satisfaction, technical proficiency, timeliness of support delivery and understanding customer needs around speed, quality and value.
- Build effective relationship with global Customer Service and Support leaders, Microsoft engineering and business leaders for effective projects for right business impact.
- Manage high priority escalations as appropriate. Respond to escalated customer cases in a timely manner, ensuring appropriate resources are assigned; engage directly with customers, escalation teams, field personnel, and ensure robust status communication.
- Coordinate and communicate with field teams (Sales, TAMs, and PFEs) to ensure the right consumer expectation setting.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
4-year Degree in Management, Business, Computer Science, or equivalent in work experience.
4+ years prior management or related product/customer support leadership experience
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong ability to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Change agent: natural at embracing change and lead people through ambiguity and transformation.
- Ability to set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
- Capability to supervise work, set the behavioral example and adjust strategies and tactics as necessary.
- Adept at coordinating team meetings to communicate team information, conduct training and to receive team feedback.
- Proficiency in coordinating and conducting 1:1 meeting with individual team members to provide instruction, coaching and personal development as well as to receive personal feedback.
- Great writing skills and ability to write and deliver individual reviews.
- Qualified to maintain individual and team discipline, cohesiveness and morale
- Exceptional leadership, collaboration and negotiation skills working in a complex, matrix organizational structure.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.