A vacancy has arisen for a multi-skilled Mechanical and Electrical Fitter to undertake heavy maintenance work on our diesel locomotives at our Crewe Vehicle Maintenance Facility.
The successful applicant will be responsible for helping the Freightliner Maintenance department to achieve team goals and objectives.
- Adhere to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards
- Ensure Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are applied and followed.
- Maintain, service, fault find and repair locomotives in accordance with approved maintenance plans
- Ensure all relevant paperwork for examinations and repairs is correctly completed to company standards
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping to ensure a clean and safe environment
- Commitment to safe working practices
- Apprentice trained or time served
- Experience in electrical and/or mechanical maintenance activities
- Knowledge of rolling stock would be advantageous
For the role of Mechanical & Electrical fitter, you should be a safety conscious and motivated self-starter. Mechanical & Electrical fitters are required to be fully versatile team members who have well established experience within a railway maintenance depot environment or a similar engineering background.
A flexible approach to working hours is essential as this role will be required to work a four-on four-off shift pattern covering both weekdays and weekends.
This post is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
- A competitive salary with opportunities for overtime paid at regular intervals
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Generous leave entitlement
- Generous employee benefits package, including attractive corporate discounts.
- Training and development opportunities
We fully support a healthy work/life balance and have a free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme to promote well-being.