|Job Type:||Full Time|
Software Engineer – Commercial Engineering & Strategic Technologies
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team enables high-impact organizations and developer communities to achieve more and drive the value of our intelligent cloud and edge. How do we do it? We are an industry-leading software engineering team who codes with partners and customers every day. We accelerate platform adoption and serve as trusted technical experts by coding side-by-side with other customer dev teams.
You can read about our projects on our technical blog: http://microsoft.com/developerblog.
We are hiring a Software Engineer with experience and expertise designing and delivering commercially-competitive software using modern software engineering practices and cloud technologies. In this role, you will deliver the most cutting-edge applications and solutions in partnership with high-impact customers and partners.
The role is based at the Microsoft offices in Paddington, London. We embrace a flexible working environment as a core principle and you’ll be welcome to work from home or your favourite coffee shop 2-3 days a week. The role includes some travelling several times a year, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
In your role, you’ll be:
§Designing, developing and deploying highly visible, scalable and reliable commercially available solutions using OSS and Microsoft technologies.
§Driving early platform and technology adoption wins with top customers and partners through deep ‘code-with’ engagements.
§Demonstrating technical subject matter expertise to scope projects, architect design solutions, and resolve issues
§Documenting and sharing the technical detail of coding engagements with technical audiences and Engineering teams
§Engaging with dev communities and talk publicly about our projects and engagements
§Driving high level of impact on Microsoft product teams to influence the future product roadmap
RELAX! There’s no such thing as the ideal candidate for this role. We welcome and embrace your individuality. The list below is absolutely NOT a check list to be completed but simply a set of pictures we’re painting to give you a good understanding of the role.
Key Technical Skills:
- A track record of shipping production software that will run at scale
- Experience building cloud-native apps and cloud services.
- Experience and passion to dig deeper on relevant tech platforms and software stacks. Examples include Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Kafka, Cassandra, Go, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, node.js, .NET Core, Python, Java. You may know of things that should be added to this list, and you can explain why to other software engineers.
- Good hands-on experience of software engineering fundamentals as testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment, pull requests and code reviews, source control, work item/issue tracking.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A track record of working within teams of software engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up on new languages and technologies.
- A Bachelor or Master’sdegree in Computer Science or a related discipline equivalent.
In our team there is a huge variation in skills and experience and backgrounds. Don’t be put off by any word or technology mentioned in this document, you likely have skills and experience that aren’t mentioned but will be of great value to us. Above all, we want to start a conversation with you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.