|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role: Digital Infrastructure Engineer
Reporting To: Head of Digital Operations
Location: Holborn, London
Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. As the UK’s largest commercial radio company, Global reaches more than 32 million people every week including 25 million on the radio alone through its respected media brands; Capital, Heart, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital XTRA and Gold. Global recently moved into outdoor advertising following the major acquisitions of Primesight, Outdoor Plus and Exterion Media. With over 250,000 outdoor advertising points, Global is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in Europe. In 2018 we launched our awards ceremony, The Global Awards, to celebrate the biggest stars of music, news and entertainment. We’re also committed to improving opportunities for young people across the UK. We train the future talent of broadcast and media at our school, The Global Academy, and raise money to support small children’s charities across the UK, through our charity, Global’s Make Some Noise.
In this role, you will be responsible for continual improvement to the infrastructure used to deliver digital advertising across iconic travel networks in London and nationally. You will be playing a pivotal role in understanding the current digital capabilities and develop both improvements and entirely new capabilities. You will be experienced in several technologies and be able to identify where you will need to upskill yourself. You have experience designing technology solutions to meet current and future business needs in an exciting and fast paced environment.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop the digital infrastructure:
- Document business requirements and capabilities.
- Plan and implement new digital capabilities.
- Plan and implement improvements to existing digital capabilities.
3rd Line Incident Management (process agent):
- Take ownership of 3rd line incidents.
- Manage escalation to external vendors such as Broadsign.
- Support 1st line and provide technical experience and assistance.
Responsible for Problem Management (process manager):
- Proactive identification of problems from incidents.
- Identify root cause, workarounds and fixes.
- Plan and implement fixes (or support 1st line to implement).
Responsible for Change Management (process manager):
- Raising changes in response to problems or project tasks.
- Planning and implementing changes
- This role will require occasional out of hours work as required by the project or task.
- undertake any other duties commensurate with the nature of the role, at the discretion of line management.
Key Skills & Experience
- 5+ years using remote management tools (e.g. MS terminal service, VNC).
- 5+ years working with core network technologies (e.g. DNS, DHCP, HTTP(S), HTML, IIS/APACHE, SQL, Windows Server, Cisco, PowerShell).
- 5+ years supporting the Microsoft Windows desktop environment.
- 3+ years’ experience designing technology solutions and integrating COTS products.
- 2+ years’ using Broadsign or comparable content advertising industry CMS.
- 2+ years working with an ITSM tool.
- 2+ years working as a 3rd line support agent.
- Experience managing small/medium projects.
- Experience working within an ITIL environment.
- Ability to identify and take responsibility for personal and technical and industry specific development.
- Experience in cross-functional working with a business partnering approach.
- Experience working in a customer facing environment and ability to prioritise based on impact.
- Experience understanding business needs and requirements and designing end to end processes.
- Experience using Service now.
- Experience using remote OS and software deployment tools.
- Object Orientated Programming (e.g. C#)
- Experience using PDQ Inventory & Deploy
- BTEC National Diploma or equivalent level 3 qualification in IT or higher.
- Microsoft Exam: Installing & Configuring Windows 10, Server 2008 or later.
- ITIL Foundation.
- TOGAF or similar training.