|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
PA’s Life Sciences sector focuses on supporting clients in the Life Sciences industry. We help companies to innovate and succeed commercially by speeding the right products to market, maximizing their impact and value proposition through leveraging technology advances and providing market-based insight and strategy, and optimising operational performance in compliance and regulatory areas to eliminate risk from the business.
Position Description: We are looking for experienced consultants with experience in one or more of the following key focus and capability areas for our life science practice.
Accelerating products to market
- Our team enables our clients to accelerate R&D timelines through better use of data, analytics and AI. This will heavily focus on the use of data to make better decisions, increase effectiveness and to automate research, clinical, pharmacovigilance, and Regulatory processes. Our consultants have insight into the issues faced by clinical R&D functions and the experience to help our clients drive innovative approaches to clinical trial design and delivery.
Enabling Innovative Medicines, Therapies & Healthcare Solutions
- Our team partners with senior business leaders to develop and implement new commercial models, new organizational structures and governance and supports our clients’ better tailor and enhance the value of their products and supporting therapies. This includes support with development of healthcare solutions & services focusing on patient and health system needs and leveraging our technology and innovation capabilities to enable better monitoring, diagnostics, and delivery of medicine to patients. Our consultants have a strong understanding of the current life sciences markets across Europe, a deep understanding of the healthcare, market access and payer landscape and bring insight to the key stakeholders to help them build sustainable success.
Driving Simplification and Compliance into the Business
- Our team delivers transformational change and process improvements in the areas of Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Safety and Pharmacovigilance (PV), Clinical and Global Medical Affairs. This will include simplification of processes/SOPs, operational excellence / “cost out” analysis, and deep regulatory expertise across all business domains across R&D, Commercial Operations, Manufacturing, and Enterprise functions. Our consultants have insight into the issues faced by regulated functions and the experience to help our clients drive cost and risk out of their organizations while enabling them to respond nimbly to emerging local and global regulations.
Transforming Technology & Data Capabilities
- We help our clients to establish or enhance their critical IT and data capabilities. This frequently includes: developing IT strategies, architectures and roadmaps, sourcing new technology, data and service providers, managing complex change and IT implementation programs, embedding organizational agility, releasing value from data assets and enterprise data strategy - releasing value from data assets through people, technology and process
As a Managing Consultant, you will be part of our leadership team, taking new service propositions to the market as well as developing new business and strong client relationships while leading and delivering great work.
At PA, we take a pragmatic view to solving client problems. Our Managing Consultants are not constrained by a narrow role description and take a hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” approach to do what is necessary to meet the client needs.
What we're looking for
What we’re looking for
- Business winning capability with a strong network and a reputation as a thought leader.
- Strong consulting skills, including a high degree of communication and presentation skills, with the ability to manage projects, working with both people and technology to achieve successful outcomes.
- Leadership of substantial projects with a large team.
- Commercial acumen to understand requirements and formulate realistic and robust solutions while appreciating and managing risk appropriately.
- A robust intellectual approach with a degree-level education.
- A willingness to learn and to develop yourself and others around you.
- Developing strong relationships with colleagues and maintaining such a network to ensure that all opportunities are developed carefully and shared with other business units.
- Actively supporting the recruitment and development of team capabilities and talent.
- Available and willing to travel, typically 3+ days per week. Travel may be for longer periods when involved in overseas assignments.
- Degree from a top school in a science, pharmaceutical or medical technology related field.
- Masters/MBA or Ph.D. is a plus
What can PA offer you?
- Original, strategic and operational consulting that makes a real business difference to high-profile clients. We never offer second-hand work or ready-made solutions.
- The opportunity to work in committed teams that blend in-depth industry experience with high quality consulting expertise. Intelligent and interesting colleagues who will develop and challenge you.
- A transparent career path where your advancement is objectively measured, enabling you to achieve your full potential.
- A compelling benefits package that is competitive with the market and designed to reward you for achieving success.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.